Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The extent of the MX7 splash proofness

JASONSPAZ1

I saw the videos on the Whites web page where the guy pours a gallon of water on the machine. However, I was wondering what about where the headphone plug in at the rear of the machine. So if it starts raining and I decide to stay in the field, Do I have worry about water getting in the headphone port with headphones plugged in?

Thanks in advance.
Jason

I saw the video. It was for the MX7. It's supposed to be weather proof, not water proof like the MX Sport. I've hunted with it in light snow but not in the rain. If you take out the battery pack from the back compartment, and take a look inside, it will give you a good idea of how it is made where the headphone plugs in. Personally, I would not hunt with it in the rain with wired headphones attached. It's almost certain that water will seep in. I would either use the speaker and plug the headphone jack with supplied cap or put a large ziplock over the back part so the water is forced to travel away from the plug when headphones are used.That's how I used mine in the snow.

I've never covered the control box/screen on mine. Judging from the video they posted, it must have some type of gasket or seal preventing water from going in the box.

There are aftermarket covers that will work quite well with it but I don't know how waterproof they are.