Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Fifth Times A Charm

widebody

[size=large]i think this was the fifth time i have searched this field in the last two months. finally found one of my wish list finds. a 1944-s nickel.
finds have been hard to locate of late. did find a silver ring and a sterling st. chris medal in the same field but the nickel is the best find so far this year.
used my 8x6 SEF coil in coin mode with the gain @ +2. been looking to find out how good or bad the coil is. so far it's doing okay. i'd guess i would have missed this if i was using the 5.3 as this nickel was 7 "-8" down. a little over the hilt of my lesche. i give the credit to the design of the SEF not the depth.
the reading came up as 79,80 & 81 and bounced back and forth between just those #s. very faint noise.

HH[/size]