Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The find that I wanted

CT Todd

26 years ago after my first hunt. I bought a Red Book. I looked through it and saw coins that I didn’t know existed. Was amazed by them and wanted them all. I really liked the “odd” things like 1/2 cent, 1/2 dime, two cent but the coin I wanted most of all was the three cent silver. I have obsessed over this coin and in all these years I never found one. My friends know how badly I wanted this coin. Tonight my coin came to me in a corn field. 4-5 colonial buttons and a 3 cent silver.
Haven’t even looked for the date. Just doesn’t matter. Those of you in this great hobby understand my feelings today. Really very happy.

Attachments

• B42F71E7-486A-41A5-A72F-1449D8E73EB0.jpeg
    B42F71E7-486A-41A5-A72F-1449D8E73EB0.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 155
  • 0C986D5D-7EC9-423B-A46F-9779FB62B42B.jpeg
    0C986D5D-7EC9-423B-A46F-9779FB62B42B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 147
  • 6B8F1C27-CDDC-4C14-8B86-411DF7013849.jpeg
    6B8F1C27-CDDC-4C14-8B86-411DF7013849.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 135
  • A67A9D2A-FCF2-4FD2-ABFD-DF182E11B842.jpeg
    A67A9D2A-FCF2-4FD2-ABFD-DF182E11B842.jpeg
    941.9 KB · Views: 151
Killer find Todd my father has found a few but he started detecting back in the mid 70's on my list!
Mark

26 years ago after my first hunt. I bought a Red Book. I looked through it and saw coins that I didn’t know existed. Was amazed by them and wanted them all. I really liked the “odd” things like 1/2 cent, 1/2 dime, two cent but the coin I wanted most of all was the three cent silver. I have obsessed over this coin and in all these years I never found one. My friends know how badly I wanted this coin. Tonight my coin came to me in a corn field. 4-5 colonial buttons and a 3 cent silver.
Haven’t even looked for the date. Just doesn’t matter. Those of you in this great hobby understand my feelings today. Really very happy.
Nice find! I found one over 20 years ago. Brother has one also. No more since then. Congrats!

Should note thats 1851 and not 1951 🙄😳, 1951 was square…….😂
If we were to find one around here it would probably alter Idaho history somewhat. We know CW vets followed the Oregon Trail in the 1860s across S Idaho and some splinted off when gold was discovered in N Idaho but one would have to be on the right spot at the right time to find one up my way!!!
Really nice coin.

That's a nice 3 cent piece. They started making them to pay for the new reduced postage rate of 3 cents for letters in 1851. They seemed to have circulated quite a lot. It's a hard coin to find because of their small size. Nice find!

Great find ! I think that coin is on everyone's list. What are the odds and to find one in that condition ... Congratulations !

Congratulations!! Super find indeed! When I found my first two (1851 & 1852 in the same hole) Both of mine came out very dirty from the ground and I thought they were children’s play tokens / money. If someone hasn’t held one in their hands, you just do not realize how thin and tiny they are.

Nice find and a bucket lister for many of us. I'm 50 years with the hobby next month and still seeking my 3 center....and time is running out. HH jim tn