Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The following story is true.I had forgotten this had even happened till I took a little road trip.

blade310

I took the two pictures below a while back when I went to visit the first home of my youth. This is where my brother and I smoked that little cigar stub,and was where the burn pile was. One picture is of a church. I was really surprised it was still standing. This is not the church my brother and I went to bible school at. That church was in the opposite direction. The church pictured here was the one that I was always comfortable and felt at ease in. The other church was big and brand new and just didn't give me a comfortable feeling. Anyway, my brother Rick and I would go to Sunday school now and then at the church pictured. It was less than two miles from our house. The other picture below,is of the railing on a bridge that went over a highway. we had to cross that bridge to get to the church.
One Sunday morning Rick and I were on our way to Sunday school. I believe it was in the spring cause I kinda remember dandelions. I found this pouch thing made of cloth that could be draped over your shoulder. I thought it was pretty neat so I carried it along. We made it to church but I don't remember much about the events of being there. I don't remember if I went through Sunday school with the pouch in my hand or if I had stuck it in my pocket. Maybe I left it outside. It doesn't really matter I suppose. I remember walking home and picking up rocks along the way. any rock that I thought was interesting went into the pouch.I probably had about a half a dozen of them by the time we got to the bridge. I decided to set them out on the railing on the bridge to look at them all.
Ya,that was a bad idea.
I set them all up and looked them over then put them back in my pouch. Rick was getting impatient and wanted to be going. so we started on across the bridge. I thought I heard someone yelling.I looked around and didn't see anyone. Then Rick pointed down to the highway. Drat. There pulled off on the side of the road was a highway patrol car. There were two officers.One was in the drivers seat and the other was standing out side the passenger door and waving for us to come down. I guess we could have took off and never would have got caught but we Had never been in trouble with the law before and running away never crossed our mind. The wind shield of that patrol car was cracked and in bad shape. We walked to the end of the bridge and headed down to the car. I remember we had to cross a fence. That patrol man kept waiving us on.I don't remember what the officer said to us but we were put into the back of the car. They asked where we lived. " 2951 Clarkmill road Barberton Ohio" I new it by heart because at school if you couldn't state your address you couldn't go out for recess.
On the way home I remember the officer in the passenger seat going on about how some of the glass from the windshield got up under his ring. He seemed to think that was really something.I remember when we got to the house the officers talked to mom for a bit then left. I don't remember what happened to me. Its something my old man would have knocked my eyes loose for but I don't remember getting a beating. Maybe he had a thing against law enforcement so I got off the hook. I just don't know. He must not have had to pay for the windshield or I would have felt his wrath.
One of my interesting rocks had slipped of the railing and went through the windshield of a highway patrol car. :( I talked to mom about this.She remembered the event but didn't remember much about it. Thanks for readin'.