Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The G2 and the AT Pro and Gold.

Salida

For what it cost for a G2
would it not be a better investment to pick up
an AT Gold or Pro? What does the G2 do that
the AT's does not? Or is it really just a matter
of preference.
Salida

I have not owned a AT but the Bug Has adjustable tone break and a much simpler user inter face. Plus 19Khz Frequency is a little higher and I believe has something to do with resonation but I'm pulling that one from the recesses of some article I think I remember!!!!
HH

I have used both the AT Pro and the Gold Bug Pro.
I can say without a doubt the following is the differences that I have observed.

The weight and balance of the AT Po and AT Gold are the same.
The weight and balance of the G2 and Gold Bug Pro are the same if using the 11" DD coil.
That said:
The AT Pro's balance is not as good as the Gold Bug Pro (11" coil)
The AT feels a lot heavier and is harder to swing for long periods of time (front heavy)
The GB is lighter and easier to swing for hours (for me)
Depth wise on high conductors they are identical in my area
Both do well on low conductors, but the Gold Bug hits slightly harder (louder volume) on nickels.
The tone role on the AT is far superior for detecting steel bottle caps over the Gold Bug
The GB audio features are like the pro mode on the AT, deep targets are lower volume and softer
Both have a high resolution of iron discrimination.
The depth meter on the GB is more precise and accurate (actually better than any machine I have ever used) than the AT
The GB ground balances faster than the AT
The AT is water proof, the G2 is not

Priced almost identical, both are good machines for the money

This list is not complete

Salida, great question.

markg, great answer! I have never done much relic hunting (lack of such sites in my area), but I recently have found an opportunity to hunt military relics at a real good site, so I'm looking to use my Gold Bug Pro in this application. My friend who does REALLY well in the square nails at this site, is using an AT Pro; I wondered if it could do anything substantially better than my Gold Bug Pro would, in that application. Sounds like they will perform similarly, which is good. Now, I just need to decide on which coil to use...

Thanks!!

Steve