Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The G2 is like a laser

iskirkra

I picked up a nice used G2 and got the 5X10 coil and man this thing is light, fast, quiet and like a laser. I took it out a week ago Sunday for the first time to to a spot where an old house used to be. I had found several coins, tax tokens, harmonica reeds etc. in an area where the front steps were. This is an area that is only about 6' by 6' and I have used 3 different detectors on the small spot at least a dozen times and thought I had it all. I fired up the G2 and went to work on the spot. I was getting a high bleep among the low tones and kept seeing 58 pop up on the screen. Dug a plug and found this 1918 Buffalo in the plug at 5", I kept getting signals with my pro pointer and removed 5 nails from the plug. This is going to fill the need in my trashy iron spots, and I have a lot of those. Very happy with this purchase.

HH - Randy

Hey that's great Randy!----Isn't that G2 an amazing little machine, I knew you would like it.----It's just one of those kind of detectors that you like more every time you use it.-----Congrats on the Buff.---------Del

Congratulations on the new G2 and the coin. It seems like such a simple machine but as Del says it will just keep impressing you. Your nickel count is going to go way up!
Have Fun

Great going cannot wait to see more finds !!!!! WTG!!!!!!!!!!:detecting:G2 :super:

That's been my experience to John.----There's a certain type of tab that rings in like a nickel (fifty eight) and I've dug a few of those tabs (not many tho).-----By & large tho, if it says 58, you can just about "take it to the bank" that it's gonna be a nickel.-----I used to dig so many stinkin different types of pulltabs with some of my other detectors that came in like a nickel that I called the things "Dels nickels"! :tongue:-----That ain't happenin no more tho with the G2/GB. :thumbup:--------------Del
John(Tx) said:
A couple of times, it's been a tab, have found lots and lots of nickles.....HH

Yup I just got the 5x10 to put on my G2 also after reading about it from you guys on here seems a bit more sensitive to small jewlery too. I may have to try this coil on my Omega8000 sometime also but for now I'm leaving it on the G2.
I never had a problem with the stock 11"DD myself and seperation I just wiggle it and the G2 will id just fine in trash but saw a video on here where it seemed to be more sensitive to small jewlery items so I sprung for one plus it is a solid coil no holes for things to get caught in while sweeping it.