Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The G2 loves buffalo nickels

iskirkra

Went out to my iron pit again today and only manged a buffalo but it is a 1913, the first year for buffalo's, no mint mark, dang it, a 1913 S type 2 is worth about 300.00. I have found more buffalo nickels with the G2 than any other machine I have used. Works great in the iron.

Randy

yes sir it does !!!!! Sweet coin !!!

Nice save! That buffalo is sweet!

Randy that is a nice nickle, and it is an understatment the gold bug is mighty on nickles and gold , its very noticable i get a dime at 7" but a nickle and 10" in all metal and the 10" is not some iffy should i dig it signal its a repeatable diggable signal this amazed me

I used to find a good number of Buffalo's back in the latter '60's and into maybe the mid-'70s, but for the past

Monte its interesting how coins circulate in different parts of the country.
I hunt mostly for older coins and have more V nickles than Buffs
Shielded are a tough find , in the last 4 years or so 3 of us hunt together most of the time
and have early 1700s coins , seated, 3 cent silver and Spanish reals but no Shielded nickle , go figure.

Monte,
I was using the 5X10 and really like that coil.

Lunch break at a Carl's Jr. and they have Wi-Fi si I'm checking in. A cloudburst downpour right now, and it has been wet all night and all day. Haven't been able to detect yet. :ranting:

Back in the late '60s, in one of our favorite home-town city parks, it has a sidewalk that goes around the outer-edge, then it criss-crosses to a small circle in the center of the park. There's a tall row of trees bordering each of the diagonal sidewalks and we dubbed the one that went from the NE corner to the center of the park, 'V' Nickel Row. If you hunted patiently within the trunk-to-4' range around almost any of those trees, you have an excellent chance to recover one, two, or many move of those early 'V' 5

iskirkra said:
Monte,
I was using the 5X10 and really like that coil.

Will the ID # be the same with that coil as with the 11" DD? And are the numbers pretty consistent? Mid to upper 50's or even tighter? I just received my G2 and haven't found my first nickel with it yet. I'll be digging pretty much everything for a while but just curious where they fall.

Shane

scox,
The nickel id is very tight and is the same as the 11" coil. The nickel came in at 58 on my G2 with the 5X10. Now I was in a spot with lots of iron and there were other targets in the same hole as the nickel, so on some sweeps I would get other id's from some of the junk in the ground but if you see a 58 then try to zero in on that spot and if you get a 58 with some consistency it probably is a nickel. Now if the nickel is not surrounded by junk there will be not doubt when you sweep over a nickel with the G2.

Randy

Thanks Randy,
Only had it out once so far but hope to be able to spend 3-4 hours in the morning with it. Have to start learning those numbers.

Shane

All the nickles I have found have locked on to 58. If it bounces from 57 to 58, it's also a nickle. If it bounces between 58 and 60, tabs, just been my experience. HH

Was able to take out the G2 this morning, and you all were dead on. No buffalos but 11 Jeffersons in a couple hours and almost every one was a solid 58. A couple bounced either 57 or 59 but only one time was that something other than a nickel. That one was a wadded up piece of foil. Thanks all!

Shane