Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The gold ring thing

Jason Thanks 4R posting the Pics, Mickfin

mickfin said:
Jason Thanks 4R posting the Pics, Mickfin

Any time try to help when I can. still working on sorting this out. after hunting some today getting better with tabs but foil looks to much like a ring not to dig.

Jason

The screen works very well between +22 and +50 most of the gold as I have said falls below +20VDI and most tabs fall in the 20's and 30's. Were are taking about a very few % you would be analyzing if you watch your VDI screen. If your digging below +20 tabs are really not going to be an issue and any messed up analyze screens above that will probably be so broken you will skip it anyway, I wish I could give you what I have noticed and utilized out of this screen using the whole detector your making way to much of this than there is.

Broken screen (junk) even fluent screen (gold) its that simple.

Great post guys!!When u get this thing figured out ,and can tell rings from junk...Ill be 1st in line to grab a V3 hehe..Till then ill have to keep digging(or passing up) all them tabs....Plz hurry and figure it out guys!!!!!Hehe Good luck happy hunting..

I've seen plenty of pull tabs that make perfect graphs, have rock steady VDI, and don't break up at all. Only way to know for sure is to dig. Pull tabs do tend to run with a VDI in the 20s and 30s. I've seen several in the high teens and some in the 40's, but most are 20's and 30's. I have yet to find any gold, though. :(

NiagracountyNY said:
Great post guys!!When u get this thing figured out ,and can tell rings from junk...Ill be 1st in line to grab a V3 hehe..Till then ill have to keep digging(or passing up) all them tabs....Plz hurry and figure it out guys!!!!!Hehe Good luck happy hunting..

It's figured out however hunting for gold take more than a screen it take the whole machine, disc edit, tone, KHz once those are all in to play pulling gold pending its in the ground its a piece of cake. The detector is what $1499 two seasons just pulling clad you will have your money back if you work for it never mind the silver and gold. So once we figure it out that tells me you just want gold to jump out at you and it also tells me you want someone else to do the work for you. Your never going to be into this hobby long or whole heatedly because it requires work and dedication from the sounds if of it you don't have ether.

I suggest buying a cheap whites water hunter and go to the beach land hunting isn't for you. Happy hunting.....

Hehe...

I have taken over 100 different pull tabs from the 60's Thur today, different shapes and spend hours scanning them with my V. I then complied a list of key VDI #'s. The VDI's fall from 17 to 48. I then took several gold rings checked there VDI at different angels. They read from VDI 17 Thur 22. This enabled me to design a program to key on certain common VDI #'s from the tabs. I know this is not fool proof, but I am going to see what happens. I will dig all signals at first to check the reading. I also know that the audio sometimes will give you a sure sign. Also the pinpoint falls into this equation also, the freq. separation will give another clue. I know I will have to tweak, but Rome was not built in a day. The one factor that is the hardest to figure out is the conductivity factor of the tabs verses gold. The conductivity of tabs is almost the same as gold. I know that the alloy's of each is an unknown factor. This is what makes MD'ing some much fun. The program I designed is based on C& J, I changed the tone of the key VDI #'s so I can tell if it is a possible tab. The gut feeling also plays a very important part.

Dont forget if you hit gold you will know it just in how the detector acts when it hits it hits added with what you have done I think you have a winner....

I agree that when I have hit gold the V sings out with a distinctive audio. I know it does take a special ear sometimes to pick out this audio. I have been detecting for over 15 years and used almost all brands. The V in my opinion is the best. As for as having the ability to pick out these subtle audio differences, for some reason I have known women that have this ability better than I. I have taken the approach with all this work I am doing with the pull tabs to give me an advantage in find gold jewelry. I don't have any problem with silver coins because the V is a silver and nickle killer. Plus the Analise screen is one of the best tools of the V. Like you said earlier Sarah, we have to use all the tools of the V to be successful jewelry hunter. Thank Whites for giving us such a great machine.

I just found out more info on pull tabs. It seems that not all manufactures use the same alloys. Just what I needed to know. So, this puts another unknown in the equation in my quest for the allusive gold rings.