Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Golden µMax hit's gold!

Whimpster

First day out with my golden µMax....wow.. the tones are defiantly more then four lol.
Figured out the nickel tone real quick... eight nickles and nine was a gold ring..10k with white gold inset and three diamond chips...couldn't believe my eyes.
It's going to take a bit of seat time to fully understand this machine with all the squawks it gives out...
Dug a ton of foil as well so getting to know that sound...most targets were dug in 5" to 6" depth...not a deep machine as compared to my other Tesoro's.
Also dug $4.87 in clad...coffee money.
Great day to be out....think I'll keep the golden a little longer:)

HH.

Bob.

Awesome Dude! This the New Tone Golden? What settings were You useing? Thanks as Love My Golden.

Harold,

I have the old tone version.... disc set just above iron,threshold set to just a slight humm,notch dial set at 10:30 to 11:00,and notch switch to off.
The golden was a killer on nickels today...dug eight in a row.. then number nine turned into a gold ring....got that tone down:)
Dug lots of foil today as well.
Spent most of the hunt concentrating on the two mid-tones...crazy how many tones the Golden has..think I'll keep it for a while:)
What I will add ...the tones are totally different in the ground then in air testing...noted a lot of mixed tones when finding a target in the ground....going to take a bit of time to learn the language.

Cheers,

HH.

Harold said:
Awesome Dude! This the New Tone Golden? What settings were You useing? Thanks as Love My Golden.

So what coil were you using? I noticed that getting more than one target under the coil will produce all those mixed tones (at least in my experience with the golden). But the 7" widescan helps to eliminate all those mixed tones, I found. You will probably sacrifice an inch of depth (as opposed to the 8" concentric), but I thought it was worth it.

Oh, congrats on the ring!

hiho,

Think your on to something...I was using a brown 8" donut coil...thought about putting on my 5.75" but was finding nickels and didn't want to mess up my luck:)
I'll try the 5.75" coil the next time out...
Wasn't use to all the mixed tones...thought they would be more pronounced...but again I'm digging Canadian clad:)

Cheers,

HH. Bob

hihosilver said:
So what coil were you using? I noticed that getting more than one target under the coil will produce all those mixed tones (at least in my experience with the golden). But the 7" widescan helps to eliminate all those mixed tones, I found. You will probably sacrifice an inch of depth (as opposed to the 8" concentric), but I thought it was worth it.

Oh, congrats on the ring!

Bob, I think you just passed Golden µMax 101 with an A.

Nice job.

Rich

Thanks Rich...as they say....location,location...and a bit of luck.
Think I'm going to like the golden:)

Cheers,

HH.

Rich (Utah) said:
Bob, I think you just passed Golden µMax 101 with an A.

Nice job.

Rich