Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

THE GOOD OLD DAYS

C.J.M.

IF you are 65 or over you might remember this

Attachments

• 8-track player.jpg
    8-track player.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 111
  • coke box.jpg
    coke box.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 123
  • AandP2.jpg
    AandP2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 108
  • cat.gif
    cat.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 102
  • denyyne gum.jpg
    denyyne gum.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 97
  • drive inn speakers.jpg
    drive inn speakers.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 102
  • gas prices  in the old days.jpg
    gas prices in the old days.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 125
  • high beam lights.jpg
    high beam lights.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 103
  • grocery store 1941.jpg
    grocery store 1941.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 112
  • old days.jpg
    old days.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 105
I remember walking to the gas station with a gallon gas Can in one hand and a quarter in the other. I told the guy there I wanted a gallon of gas, so I watched him put a gallon of gas in the can. I handed him the quarter and he gave me 2 cents back. They was having a gas war with the station across the street. Makes me feel older than I am.

Im right at 60 ,, and i remember all of them,, I remember grandma's old rotary phone being on a party line. Couldn't make a call till the 2 little old ladies down the road finished gossiping ,, I remember seeing McDonald's restaurants, before they started counting how many burgers they sold. I remember S&H greenstamps ,, milk delivered to your front doorsteps , in glass bottles.Slices of Hoop cheese being sold at the hardware store. Small packs of BB's sold at the neighborhood store for about 10 cents,
And a few other things I'm sure. I sure wish I could go back to them days .

I remember walking to the gas station with a gallon gas Can in one hand and a quarter in the other. I told the guy there I wanted a gallon of gas, so I watched him put a gallon of gas in the can. I handed him the quarter and he gave me 2 cents back. They was having a gas war with the station across the street. Makes me feel older than I am.
When my ex & I in the 50's paid for gas, it was 15-17cents a gal or less--don't remember for sure & the stations competed with each other for their customers by giving away a dish or another different item for the amount of gas you purchased when bought more gas! Also-they cleaned your Windshield, checked your air in tires, ckecked water & oil levels--called full service when filling the gas tank! I remember when you could get a whole set of Dishes & knives, forks & spoons when buying groceries each week! Young married couples like my ex & me would have no problem in collecting our household supplies by shopping at only one store & then another--now they are called Wedding Gifts! LOL!! Ma

Last edited:
Im right at 60 ,, and i remember all of them,, I remember grandma's old rotary phone being on a party line. Couldn't make a call till the 2 little old ladies down the road finished gossiping ,, I remember seeing McDonald's restaurants, before they started counting how many burgers they sold. I remember S&H greenstamps ,, milk delivered to your front doorsteps , in glass bottles.Slices of Hoop cheese being sold at the hardware store. Small packs of BB's sold at the neighborhood store for about 10 cents,
And a few other things I'm sure. I sure wish I could go back to them days .
Me, too! & MOM would put out a sign of what size block of ICE she needed for our ICE BOX to keep food cold for a few more days! The Ice man would give us kids pieces of ice to suck on & you would have thought it was ice cream--but made our day on those Hot Summer days with no AC & many times witout a fan! We had an alley & two out houses for upper & lower apts in closed in back yard! Had to call mom when one boy was trying to peak at me through the cracks! Did anyone say, The Good OLE DAYS! Boys will be boys! LOL--Rag man went up & down alley with horse & wagon collecting RAGS, Junk & etc! We lived there when WWII started & had big dark curtains to cover windows during Black Out Nights! Lots of things to remember during my childhood in St Louis city, Mo & on the farm from 1941 until I graduated & left home in 1953! Ma

Last edited:
IF you are 65 or over you might remember this
I remember working at the gas station when I was 16 and gas was 25 cents a gallon in Buffalo, NY. People would come in and buy $1 worth pumped into their car. I collected pop bottles as well. 5 cents for the small and 5 cents for the quart size. And when construction workers left an empty case of beer bottles, that was big money. I loved my Cherry Hostess Fruit pies costing 12 cents each.

I remember working at the gas station when I was 16 and gas was 25 cents a gallon in Buffalo, NY. People would come in and buy $1 worth pumped into their car. I collected pop bottles as well. 5 cents for the small and 5 cents for the quart size. And when construction workers left an empty case of beer bottles, that was big money. I loved my Cherry Hostess Fruit pies costing 12 cents each.
Not over 65 but.... I grew up outside Buffalo in Tonawanda.. I remember collecting change from my friends for a ride to school... stop and pump $.65 of gas got me back and forth in my 69 mustang... early 80's

Yep those were the good old days ,but times were hard remember in 1959 when I went the gas station and they were having a gas war high octane which was 103 was 12 cents and regular 95 octane was 11 cents.The 103 octane gasoline has a purple color to it.IF you were a rich kid mom and dad would buy their kids an IMPALA TWO DOOR HARD TOP with a 348 v8 and 4 0n he floor.You could pick your colors ,blk outside with solid red leather inside:yikes:Times were hard jobs were hard to come buy we did the best we could ,had to walk every where I went.I could only dream about those find cars :huh:Life has alot of struggles back then and they never got better for me.Oh well such is LifE.:sadwalk:

Yep those were the good old days ,but times were hard remember in 1959 when I went the gas station and they were having a gas war high octane which was 103 was 12 cents and regular 95 octane was 11 cents.The 103 octane gasoline has a purple color to it.IF you were a rich kid mom and dad would buy their kids an IMPALA TWO DOOR HARD TOP with a 348 v8 and 4 0n he floor.You could pick your colors ,blk outside with solid red leather inside:yikes:Times were hard jobs were hard to come buy we did the best we could ,had to walk every where I went.I could only dream about those find cars :huh:Life has alot of struggles back then and they never got better for me.Oh well such is LifE.:sadwalk:
Times get better & times get worse depending on jobs & our financial situations--But those who lean on & trust in Jesus can have living easier by living within our means & not trying to live up to the Jones' ways by living with our capabilities! Want more? Get more education or training & get out & work homestly for it or be satisfied where we are in this mortal life! God meets our true needs when we pray & seek His godly wisdom in how we need to try & accomplish better lives for ourselves & families! Honesy pays by serving gladly our Lord Jesus Christ as well as dedication in what we seek for! Ma

Gold Bond stamps (like green stamps), flavored cokes at the drug store lunch counter, “three on the tree” shifting, Sky King on Saturday mornings TV, the Original Old Spice aftershave, beer bottles were a penny, pop bottles were 3 cents and quart bottles were 5 cents to trade in, newspapers were 10 cents in the metal stands on the street corners, a $500 paper bill, making your Mom earrings made out of Life Saver mints, rolls of caps for your Mattel machine gun........,

Back in the late 70s, an old girlfriend had a 70 Maverick,, 6 cylinder car ,, we'd always be running the roads in her little car.. One day she said,, she's probably got nothing but rust above the 50 cent mark in her gas tank . It was pretty funny at the time,, but probably true.

Back in the late 70s, an old girlfriend had a 70 Maverick,, 6 cylinder car ,, we'd always be running the roads in her little car.. One day she said,, she's probably got nothing but rust above the 50 cent mark in her gas tank . It was pretty funny at the time,, but probably true.
I owned a 1972 mercury comet, same thing as a maverick, and one day we went to the grocery store and on the way home I looked behind me and most of the groceries were laying in the road, it had rusted out so bad they just fell through. I sold it that week for 300$.

I owned a 1972 mercury comet, same thing as a maverick, and one day we went to the grocery store and on the way home I looked behind me and most of the groceries were laying in the road, it had rusted out so bad they just fell through. I sold it that week for 300$.
Looks like maybe use your feet to move it like the Flintstones--Now that is what Rusting A Hole through means--It dumped your groceries! WOW! Ma