Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The good, the bad and the ugly.

Hi fellows,

The good was that my detecting club was asked to help try and locate some old grave markers at this old cemetery. Nine of us showed up and we had a blast. I found two and another gal found another one that was buried under grass and moss and the names were all from the same family. I dug up an old tea pot that was probably used to put flowers in and then two old tin cans that were used for the same purpose. All together we found about nine old grave sites and the people in charge of the cemetery were very happy that we found what we did. It's always nice to help out people with doing things like this and my hat goes off to our club (OPTH) Olympic Peninsula Treasure Hunters for helping out. After we worked this cemetery for quite awhile we decided to head to this beach and do some detecting. My buddy Lee told me that he has never found any silver at this spot, but that all changed last Sunday. He found a merc and a rsoie and a 1903 V nickel and he was happy about that. The bad part was that this beach does a number on the silver coins, but I kept my Barber finds going by getting one ugly dime and one ugly quarter. It was tough to try and get a date on either one and I can only speculate what the dates were. I think the quarter looks like a 1901 and the dime could be a 1910. Wish they were in better shape, but you gotta take what the salt water beaches around here give up. Thanks for looking and HH to everyone.

Eddie

I'd take it .. I haven't found a Barber anything in over a year.

I agree with Mike I would be very proud to find those. Well done my friend
DV

Crusty or not...there still silver, Eddie.:clapping:

Kudos to your club for locating some of the grave markers too.:beers: