Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly!

c4teeter

[size=medium][/size]Here are a few items I managed to pull from my property. An old timer told me that there were 5 side by side houses on the property. By all the scrap iron (which I call the “Ugly”) I actually thought my house was built on a dump site. Some of the cast iron stove parts (which I call “the Bad”) are pieces I don't mind digging. Last, but not least, the “Good”, which consists of a 1916 Mercury dime, a 1919 and 1921 wheaties. All the glass items were found next to some type of metal. Also found several railroad buttons along with several other items that seem to date around the 1920- 1930's. I just found the Merc on the 8th right by a 5” piece of cast iron. I'm liking it so much, I haven't even put my Equinox 800 together. It went straight to the closet. I'm Loving the Kruzer that much...:bouncy:

Pocket watches are always cool to find.

You did a lot of digging. Keep at it. Bet there is more to find.

That is a lot of good, bad, and ugly for sure!

A certain Equinox fanboy of Alabama that likes to "Bash" other detectors touts that recovery speed of the Equinox. I sure haven't seen him put it up against the Kruzer ESPECIALLY in 3-tone, 89 sens. or below.

I believe he may be a bit scared.

Thanks guys.. On this property, seems like 3 tone is the way to go; Gain at 89; Disc anywhere from 7-20 (depending on how much other metal I'm wanting to dig): Freq at 14... When I found the Merc, I had changed Freq to 5 and kept disc around 7; also I had usually detected the back yard east to west but this time I went north to south and caught the signal right next to a piece of iron. It wasn't but a couple of inches deep. Thinking about trying to dig all the metal out of the yard just in case something else might be getting masked.

I agree, I had actually used a Whites VX3 and a Tek Patriot which neither could recover around all that iron.. I haven't even unboxed that other detector yet..... That's never happened before....

So with that heavy concentration of iron, I'd work it in 3-TONE mode with a gain of 89 or less, as that has an ultra fast recovery speed setting. Then once you get more of that big iron out of there, I'd go back over it in 4-TONE mode, with the gain around 98 (if possible). All of this running @ 19kHz to work the iron.

Cal_Cobra said:
So with that heavy concentration of iron, I'd work it in 3-TONE mode with a gain of 89 or less, as that has an ultra fast recovery speed setting. Then once you get more of that big iron out of there, I'd go back over it in 4-TONE mode, with the gain around 98 (if possible). All of this running @ 19kHz to work the iron.
Cal, what's the advantage of 19kHz in iron? I do get frustrated with the iron falsing in 5kHz. I'm assuming less of that?

Hey C4t,
If you need someone to help you out breaking that “other “ closet detector in, I would offer my services to you!!!....:rofl:

You never know...but I think I'm going to make it my backup detector... Still learning the Kruzer and like Cal has said, don't think there is a detector out there that has recovery speed that the Kruzer has.. Cal Cobra opinions and tests were the main reason I chose to buy the Kruzer... I've only taken it off my property once and that was to the beach, in which I live about 10 miles from. I've got to stop working so much and start hitting some other sites.

Cal is that your opinion? Mmk fastest out there? Only asking cause I to have both pictured above only I haven't unboxed the mmk because I'm in al working and it's in va staring at my wife!:( lol

n/t