Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The good thing about living in the snow

sube

With the delays and all don't worry me much just hope they well be here in mid to late April, advantage snow feel sorry for the guys down south :punch: sube

The good thing about living in the snow . . . . . . . :biggrin:

1. No bugs in the winter.
2. Winter sports brings lost items for me to find during the other 3 seasons.
3. I don't have to mow, edge, trim, weed and fertilize the lawn in the winter.
4. I get to have winter trips to warm places to go metal detecting, golfing, scuba diving and more.
5. No snow in the winter means NO drinking water in the summer. Bring on the snow.

I've provided my five . . . . i'll let the next person living in 4 season territory add five more.

Rich (Utah)

1) Dropping coins in snow has happened forever,once dropped they’re GONE
2) Early spring and late fall are perfect hunting temps and no bugs
3) Forces you to research and learn to become better instead of slogging through the same old sites with the same mindset
4) Forces of frost heave rearranges coins so they become available or more detectable. This works both ways...
5) Makes you hunt harder and with more purpose because sooner or later...winter is coming

Putting up 100+ silver coins or a comparable amount of gold is a real challenge. If you can do it,you’re doing something right. But I won’t lie,it blows butt.

People live longer in the north.
Lots of time to sleep.
In the cold you get yelled at less for groping.
You REALLY appreciate summer !
Lots of easy coins getting dropped in parking lots.
Holidays with food, drink & family

Tom
LFOD !

TomNH said:
Lots of time to sleep.

Tom
LFOD !

Very profound. :goodnight:

TomNH said:
Lots of time to sleep.

Tom
LFOD !

“Yelled at less for groping”.....:lol::lol::lol: Are we talking about other people in public or the wife?:lol:

IDXMonster said:
Lots of time to sleep.

Tom
LFOD !

“Yelled at less for groping”.....:lol::lol::lol: Are we talking about other people in public or the wife?:lol:
You just cant win on groping dont you know.
I told her it could be worse. I could stop all together & there would be hell to pay !
Over 40 yrs with the same squaw so I dont push the limits.

Tom
LFOD !

From what I read getting yelled at is not the worse that can happen.

Living in what Jeopardy calls the best weather in country (Alex has a ranch here), I can argue the other side. We don't have long history of other parts of the country, but never have to shovel snow, wear a jacket or gloves, can go to the beach whenever the mood strikes (safely eye grope?), not worry about frost bite or black ice driving. Our four seasons are fire, flood, earthquake and electing criminals to political office resulting in higest taxes and worst regulations in the country. Maybe snow's not so bad...