Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The great fisher 1265 x

Too many discount the older machines as to being worthless without the bells and whistles................your video proves otherwise.
:cheers:

Still like my 1265X, even though I have not used it for a couple of years.

The 1265x is a great classic detector. Fisher was way ahead of the competition at the time. Over the years I have owned the 1265x, 1266x, 1270x, and 1280x. One of the huge draws for me when they came out was the grip and armrest design. Most detectors back then had a simple handle over the control box which led to wrist fatigue and blisters after a couple hours of use. I still have a 1280x which is basically the same technology in a waterproof package.

Fisher still have parts for the 1265X, sent mine in and total repair, one of the repairs was the new battery cover and the cover keeper inside , it screws in not a pull/push. Give Felix a call. 1-800-685-5050

Hi folks – new here, and to the hobby. I just bought a Fisher 1265-X, more for finding buried pipes, cables, and dropped bolts in the grass than goodies, though wouldn't turn the latter down if encountered. Question please: I see that some previous owner has wired in a pair of 9V (what we used to call "transistor radio") batteries, instead of the array of 8 x AA. (The internal holders for the AAs are gone.) I'm naturally concerned the 9Vs are giving too much voltage for the electronics. How were the original battery holders wired – each foursome in series, therefore 6V, and then the two foursomes in parallel, still 6V? Or were all 8 AAs in series, thus 12V?

Best, I know, to obtain suitable replacement AA battery holders, which I will – but then I'll still have to know how to wire them in.

(Have sent a similar message to Fisher Labs, but they haven't responded yet.)

Thanks all