Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The GTI 2500

Joe Black

Just wondering what you all think about a $225.00 price, on a like new like condition one. It comes with the 9.5” & 12.5” coils and some other accessories too. The story is, is the person who owned it gave it to his neighbor before he died. That neighbor posted it on FB market place because he doesn’t know anything about metal detecting & don’t plan on using it. After a brief conversation with him , he claims that it looks brand new……That’s why I responded ………It’s not like I need another detector!…Ha , Ha, Ha!

That’s a great price for a classic that’s been around for awhile. Is that the talking model ? I have the original 2500 with the talking mode
Yes I remember hearing the woman's voice , " Power on coins discriminate " I almost bought one just hear her voice, 😆

Yep that gti 2500 back in the day was top of the line with the imaging feature and the talking lady . Nobody else had anything like it . Garrett was on top of the world back then . I have the cx11 and cx111 . The cx111 also talks back at you lol

You won't know until you turn it.
The mode is called Treasure Talk A,, B,, C
If I remember correctly.
I think this one doesn’t contain the treasure talk. I noticed that on the older model, it had the treasure talk button on the far right hand bottom of display face. This one doesn’t have it. I turned it on to make sure it worked before I bought it and, no voice whatsoever came on . The display sure works though.

I think this one doesn’t contain the treasure talk. I noticed that on the older model, it had the treasure talk button on the far right hand bottom of display face. This one doesn’t have it. I turned it on to make sure it worked before I bought it and, no voice whatsoever came on . The display sure works though.
I believe it may be in the settings.

Apparently from what I’m gathering (info), Garrett did away with the treasure talk feature sometime in early 2000. Mine appears to be built after that time.
That means that you have the newer chip which added more depth. Prior models users had the option of having the new chip installed for $100.00

Nice! It's funny how things just fall in our lap but, being in the right place at the right time also helps. It's a great machine from Garrett's... Top of the line (at the time). I owned one in the past with the "treasure talk" feature. I also had the 9.5 white imaging coil mounted to it. I bought later a 5x10 DD coil. Both coils were dead nuts accurate. When you pinpoint to locate your target, the 2500 was the most accurate out there by far compared to my Tesoros and White's that I owned. Have fun with your newly acquired detector.

TC-NM