Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The hits just keep coming

copperhead

The house democrats are having a problem. It seems that the party that won the elections and will assume a majority in congress using the Vote for Change tact is having a hard time filling chairmanship positions. It seems that all of the ranking democrats in line to assume leadership positions carry a whole lot of excess baggage.

We all know the story of John Murtha. He was nominated to be the #2 democrat in the house. He was nominated by Nancy Pelosi but was soundly defeated by his peers in a vote. They deemed him unfit because of past ethics offenses.

Next comes Alcee Hastings. He was in line to become the next chairman of the house committee on Intelligence. Since Mr Hastings is an impeached federal judge who was convicted on 11 counts, he had to be passed over for that position.

Enter Mr Allan Mollohan (D-WV) who is currently under investigation by the FBI. Guess which committee he is lined up to become chairman of?

http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/002059.php

The constitution guarantees every American citizen 18 or older (and not a convicted felon) the right to vote. One vote per person that qualifies. I think that when you come in to cast your ballot you should be given a Small, quick civics test. No more than 10 questions. Now if you choose not to take the quiz, you'll get your one vote as guaranteed by the Constitution..... but, if you take the quiz you'll get an additional vote for every correct answer and the questions will change from year to year and there will be no advance copies to be put in local newspapers to aid as a "cheat sheet". For example....

1) Name the President of the United States?

2) Name the Governor of (the state you're voting in.)?

3) Name the Vice-President of the United States?

4) Name your local Representative.

5) Name your local Senator.

6) How long is a congressional term?

7) How many electoral votes does your state represent?

:geek: Who is the "Speaker of the House?"

9) How many Representatives does your state have?

10) Who's buried in Grant's Tomb?

I'm sure you get the idea and the questions would be changed to discourage cheating. If you are blind or just can't read, a reader will be provided for you. BUT, if you don't speak or understand English, you only get one vote and that's ONLY if you qualify for it.
I feel that this would be a better way for the "informed" voters to have their voices heard rather than have my vote count just as much as some guy that lives under a bridge. He obviously has made some wrong decisions in his/her life.... why should their vote carry as much weight as mine?

I'd love to hear everyones feedback about this. I know it's a little out there but..... What other ways do we have of making sure that your vote "really" counts?

therick

30 % illegal alians
20 % college students
10% dead people who vote from dems from the grave.
unfortunetely i cant really brag about the repubs either.
politics are draining this country with their pay offs while china gets bigger.russia is back to their old tricks with hit squads and the muslims are grabbing the spotlight with the media.all these things going on and the gauchoes cross the border by the hundreds every night.
i really dont have much faith in the government of the good old usa anymore.im seriously thinking about getting a license and bearing arms from now on since my state doesen't even have the balls to put the gay marriage proposal to a VOTE OF THE PEOPLE.if the imans start shaking the tree around here we just may have muslim prayers loudspeakered 5 times a day just so we dont anger them.:thumbdown:
till then...praise lord and pass the ammunition.
god bless the united states,at least whats left of it.