Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The House from "Hades"

Richard@BackwoodsDetectors

Findmall Sponsor
This house had power lines on 3 sides of the house, power to the house from a transformer, 10-2 wire strung across the yard to the garage, 10-2 wire from the garage to a second building on and in the ground, lots of pulltabs, small iron everywhere and the house had been hunted heavily before. I was using the Smart Plus Pro and started out normally and realized within a few minutes that this would not work.
I changed my settings and did fairly well under the circumstances.
1: Iron Volume Off
2: Sensitivity way down to 20
3: Volume down
4: With the sens. down, I listened for the lower, high tones with good clean definition both ways. If the audio was loud, I dismissed it. If it sounded good but it was lacking definition one way, I let it go. There was no other way to hunt this ground.
BTW, the lower the sensitivity on a Deeptech Vista detector, the more telling the audio is. Vistas are deep machines and pushing the sensitivity is not necessary in most situations, your can saturate the target and it can distort the return audio to a degree.
HH to all, Richard

Attachments

• PB290018.JPG
    PB290018.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 280
  • PB290019.JPG
    PB290019.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 271
Impressive finds from a very difficult site!

-Ken