Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The last couple of hunts

Larry (IL)

The first photo is from last week and nothing special except we had a good time camping up by Kewanee and hunting with Mike B. and McLucky. The second photo is from yesterday where McLucky and I took a road trip down South. The highlight of the day was when I found an old plastic billfold with the two dimes in the coins section. The Merc is a 38 and the Rosy is a 53. Quarters were everywhere and I found 28 of them, 11 in one hole which I think is a new record for me. I also found another silver dime in a dirt clod that has not been opened yet so I thought I would make a contest out of that find. In fact I will make two contests for the club members who use this forum.

The first contest is for a silver dime and the first member to post the right whatsit answer for the "Batwing" thingy with the tail wins.

The second contest is to guess the date and mint mark of the dime in the dirt clod. Post your answer here on this thread and you have until noon on Wednesday to enter. I will open the clod at the meeting Wed. night at the North Branch library and the one who is closest will win a silver dime too. (not the one in the clod, sorry)

[attachment 210704 hunt9.jpg][attachment 210705 hunt10.jpg]

I know what the bat wingy thingy is..............But I can't tell you! HH, Nancy

I'd say the "Batwing" thing is the rear fins to an old balsa wood airplane kit. As far a the dime I'll say it's a 1948D

I'll guess 1957 D on the dime. Kinda weird that the spoon would have your initial on it.

Batwing thing is a spout from a salt package....56d my guess on the dime

We have a winner...... Nancy said you would get this one Lucky. If you fold back the sides, you will have the pour spout for a Morton salt container.[attachment 210799 salt.jpg]

What is funnier yet is that I never paid any attention to the initial until now Dave. I guess I looked at it upside down and didn't make the connection and in the pouch.

1954 dime , nice finds.

Congratulations to Nathan, 2000nkb for his guess of 1948D in the dirt clod contest.................. it was a 1943....... he won a Barber dime. Also congrats to McLucky for being the first to guess the salt spout "Batwing thingy", he also won a Barber dime.

That was a very good idea you had Larry, to make up those contests. Maybe it will get some other people posting and looking at the forum. I'm all for trying to keep the members active with P.A.T.H. I haven't been a member long but I've enjoyed everything I've attended thus far. Thanks. See you Saturday!!