Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The last time was 1903

jeff & Maria

1903 was the last storm to make landfall in NJ as a hurricane. There has been so much built up in the last 50 years that the damage is going to be unprecedented. We are inland so it will weaken slightly but there are a lot of trees that haven't been tested by these strong winds in decades. I'll be posting photos for sure. Mag's is in the path of this monster too, hope she fares well. I'll bet she was cooking up a storm in preparation no doubt Hank will be eating well even without power.

..... to our store and our home.

Fortunately we are on a power grid that has some priority because we only went 3 days without power. 100 feet away, across the canal from us, behind our house they are on a different grid and were without power for almost 2 weeks.

If you didn't have a generator, you started up the gas or charcoal grill and invited your neighbors over to help eat up all the food that was starting to thaw from the freezer. Some streets had huge block parties each evening for several days cooking up stuff on many grills.

The hurricane did a bit of shingle damage to our house .... no leaks .... and over $100,000 damage to the roof and rooftop air conditioner units of our store. Even though we are at 8 1/2' foot above sea level, we did not have a big storm surge ..... water came over our canal seawall about 1 1/2 feet leaving about 3 to 4 feet until it would have been on our house.

Stay safe, watch out for downed wires and folks with guns wanting to do harm to you or your property. During / after Charlie was the only time I openly carried in my store or neighborhood. Fortunately never had to draw it.