Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Latest developments regarding the ATMax

Russ88

Well it has been quite awhile since I have heard anything regarding the availability of the new ATmax once projected for a June release. I did hear that August was a strong possibility. Just curious to any out there that has some knowledge of what is currently happening and/or what things that Garrett is currently working on to make sure that the ATMax is good to go. Any comments would be appreciated.

Russ88

Well......it will be deeper and have a volume control plus a back light for hunting at night. Here is the latest:

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_at_max_main_en.aspx

Well with it being 13.6 kHz (same as the Gold are we to "assume" the gold is on its way out of the AT line up ?
Second question is the AT Pro is 15 kHz and Garretts web page say all the AT coils will work on the max... hmmmmm, that mean just hit a happy medium when tuneing the machine so they work with both units .? I know NEL builds two coils, one for the Pro and one for the Gold and THEY say they won't interchange. We have to "assume" they tune there coils to the different freqs of the two machines.

OK John help us out here whats your take on this

I've wondered about the coil situation with some concern myself, Buddy. The A T Gold is 18 kHz, I believe. HH jim tn

Both the AT Gold And AT Pro were designed since day one to operate within a range for optimum depth/discrimination and to accept the various available coils available from Garrett so as the user would NOT have to purchase new coils like some other manufacturers. You will have to ask NEL coils why their coils need to be purchased individually to mach up with the AT Pro/AT Gold. I have heard that the AT MAX was a killer on tiny gold during some field testing up north.

Also, keep in mind, that the design of the "AT Gold GROUND BALANCE WINDOW" is a Garrett Exclusive feature and will simultaneously ground balance to a range of values to help overcome localized ground variations. By reducing subtle ground responses, the Automatic Ground Balance Window smooths detector audio and allows the user to hear faint targets. It is also now utilized in the AT MAX.

You are right Jim on the 18.6.
Garrett explained to me today that they have software built into the AT machines that will tune the coils to that machine where it be 18.6, 13.6 or 15 mhz. was told when you change coils to do a factory reset to do that very thing.

The question was asked if waterproof or land phones will work on the MAX

[size=medium]Yes they will!![/size] the wireless ones will NOT work in the water even if the phones them selves are high and dry. Was a question I also asked at Garrett's today. The Detector Pro waterproof will work on it as well as Garrett's Blue waterproof phones.

As I was shown the threshold is factory preset at 00. I set it at 03 and it worked well for my hearing loss. Like They told me you can drown out the people on the beach with just the threshold but will miss a LOT of targets, at 80% hearing loss three was plenty loud for a "slight" steady background sound. Wish my Pro had that feature, reminds me of a Tesoro Aztec with its slight background and a lite zoom - zoom on real deep silver.

All can say with out having it on the ground a few days........ I THINK WE HAVE A WINNER

Had a water leak, could see water around the VDI number area. Adam sent me a new face plate decal, seems a few of them got water behind them. would not get in the machine but just behind the label. went to change it per there instructions and I DID have water and sand behind the glass front plate. Took it over to the factory yesterday and in a couple hours they had it up and running like new...they pretty much replaced everything but the s handle and rods. Did it under warranty. GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE works like new again no leaks. used it three hours after I left the factory, stopped at a local lake and gave it a good work out just to make sure.....Grin....didn't find much but had a lot of fun digging rusty bottlecaps and tabs.