Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Legend has made my mind up!!

Oldkoot,…. I guess the phrase “misery loves company” applies here !…lol !….. I’m experiencing number fluctuations bobbing on the same patch of ground…..not sure w hat to think…???….The machine is running deep, and very quiet, but I’m really not sure if I’m running optimally….I’m not sure if there are any adjustments that can be made in the field to make the ground balance work more efficiently….or dare I say properly ?…..Jim
I’m running 1.09
I’ve gotten to learn through the years that worrying about about all the what if’s, on everything for example with metal detectors why if it can get 1” deeper, what if it can be little more sensitive on that one target, etc can make life more stressful than needed.
Its that curious scientific nature.
At a certain age if it is running quite and you are digging deep targets already the possibility that i could have gotten that penny at 13” instead of 12” I don’t know about you but unless you are into digging everything 12”-24” I don’t think you’ll miss much the way it’s running if you just slow your swings and overlap enough. More time consuming yes but not as much time and effort as digging everything 1’-2’.
Lets put it this way i don’t suspect you will have lack of stuff to dig its how much you want yo stress while doing it

Ok you ask we shall deliver LOL

To start the Legend is my first dive into multi frequency sort of, and what I mean by sort of is I came from the Xterra 705 which is a multi frequency detector all be it it would ony run one of the three frequencies at a time, The equinox was built on the V Flex platform of the Xterra, thus the reason the Xterra is no longer being produced, in my opinion, I have always felt that the Xterra 705 was one of the most under rated detectors to have ever been produced, I still feel that way today, with all that being said the Legend reminds me a lot of the Xterra 705 but super charged and on steroids, keep in mind these ar all my opinions, the Xterra 705 had a steep learning curve the Legend to me does not and I do not really know if this is because I learned on the Xterra 705 in some ways I feel that did help me with the Legend learning process

My Legend had the 1.04 software in it when I received it so I have had to install all the updates as they have been released to us, the 1.04 version was ok in my opinion but did not work on the beach for a lot of US users of the Legend they then came out with the 1.05 version which still was having issues with beach detecting thus Nokta/Macro released yet another update the 1.06 which cured the beach issues user were having but created some different issues, which i and several others reported to Nokta/Macro they very quickly took the 1.06 off their website and replaced it with 1.07 which fixed the additional issues we started seeing with the 1.07 update I started seeing the biggest changes in TID stability, not falsing on nails and not being inhibited with EMI I was able to then detect in a couple of areas that I was previously unable to use the Legend in because of the EMI, with in a month or maybe two Nokta/Macro released yet another update 1.08 with the 1.08 they added adjustable Iron Bias, stability setting, an iron filter, mineralization meter, a new Multi 3, and several other features, the 1.08 allows you to further enhance the Legends capabilities, there was an issue with the 1.08 the one issue I seen is the ground balance values were way off for instance my ground balance values run mid 80s to mid to high 90s with the 1.08 those GB values were running 1-10 which I knew was no where close to correct because I checked those GB values with the simplex and a AT Pro, there was a couple of other issues with the 1.08 so Nokta/Macro release 1.09, with the 1.09 and the 1.08 the legend now runs quieter then a church mouse in the areas I detect which is really high in mineralization, the TIDs seem to be even more stable then they were in the 1.07 version, i really cannot comment on depth simply because no detector I use in the areas I detect will see targets much deeper then 8 inches this is due to the high mineralization in the areas I detect, a lot of times I am running my whites TDI SL special edition to combat the high mineral content in the ground I detect and to battle the 100s of hot rocks I get over

I have buddies that I occasionally detect with that all use the Equinox 600s and 800s when we have compared targets with each other we see vary little difference in depth on targets the big difference we have all noticed is the build quality on the Legend pretty much out classes the Nox, detecting wise there just is not enough of a difference for me to give the edge to one or the other between the Legend and the Nox 800 the nox 600 does not have the same capabilities as the Legend or the Nox 800 in my opinion, I have just under 400 hours on my Legend and so far I am very impressed with the Legends capabilities,I also truly believe that the Legend will only continue to get better as Nokta/Macro releases more updates to us the one thing I hope for is that Nokta/Macro does not end up updating to the point it dumb the Legend down

one last thing I will comment on is the update process I feel the update process is a little difficult, and should not be the 1.08 update took me 17 hours to get it to install and there was no rhyme or reason as to why it finally did install since I followed the instructions to a T
Nice write-up. I'm hoping they perfect the Gold Field mode. Then it'll be perfect.

I’ve gotten to learn through the years that worrying about about all the what if’s, on everything for example with metal detectors why if it can get 1” deeper, what if it can be little more sensitive on that one target, etc can make life more stressful than needed.
Its that curious scientific nature.
At a certain age if it is running quite and you are digging deep targets already the possibility that i could have gotten that penny at 13” instead of 12” I don’t know about you but unless you are into digging everything 12”-24” I don’t think you’ll miss much the way it’s running if you just slow your swings and overlap enough. More time consuming yes but not as much time and effort as digging everything 1’-2’.
Lets put it this way i don’t suspect you will have lack of stuff to dig its how much you want yo stress while doing it
I’m not stressing, and I’m finding plenty of targets, but as the Army commercial saya “Be all that you can be”…Why settle for good when you can be better ?…..I strive to be the best….If everyone else is hitting targets at 10 inches, I like to be the guy that hits targets at 11 inches….If being average makes you happy, by all means, I’m happy for you 😊…..I’ve been metal detecting for quite a few years, and always strive to get the most out of any detector that I own…

I’m not stressing, and I’m finding plenty of targets, but as the Army commercial saya “Be all that you can be”…Why settle for good when you can be better ?…..I strive to be the best….If everyone else is hitting targets at 10 inches, I like to be the guy that hits targets at 11 inches….If being average makes you happy, by all means, I’m happy for you 😊…..I’ve been metal detecting for quite a few years, and always strive to get the most out of any detector that I own…
I never did strive to be average by any means if anything i was always sort of a perfectionist. Couple draw backs though.
One, nothing’s ever perfect so it gets frustrating and stressful and especially when you get older stress degrades your body very quickly. You can try to be perfect and only live long enough to metal detect a couple years or “settle” for less and enjoy the hobby for decades longer. That’s strictly a preference. Some party hard and live life like there is no tomorrow others take things in moderation and enjoy that. Like i said I’m not into digging 24” holes, you can have all those targets. Not going to make me rich, I’m just out to enjoy myself and relax. If its work then its not a hobby to me and id rather make real money doing it.
Two, most people are far from perfectionist and again can cause frustration and stress. We don’t live in a be all you can be society anymore. You talk about old army commercials I don’t know if you compared that commercial to the new army commercials but not even close. Used to have high blood pressure which is a silent killer just some things aren’t worth it to me, definitely getting one more inch out of my metal detector isn’t high on the priority list where its worth my health. Again whatever makes you happy. Don’t have to have the fastest car, the best designer clothes, the deepest metal detector. Good times with family and friends I’ll settle for that. to each his own.

Everyone has to do what is best for them….To give it all I can is not stressful to me…I thrive on challenges….It’s just who I am….To settle for less would surely stress me out….. What works for me may not work for you…It’s not a matter of who’s right or who’s wrong…It’s a matter of what works for the individual…I’m not perfect, nor do I try to be….I only strive to utilize my full potential….That’s what works for me…

Everyone has to do what is best for them….To give it all I can is not stressful to me…I thrive on challenges….It’s just who I am….To settle for less would surely stress me out….. What works for me may not work for you…It’s not a matter of who’s right or who’s wrong…It’s a matter of what works for the individual…I’m not perfect, nor do I try to be….I only strive to utilize my full potential….That’s what works for me…
Unfortunately sometimes what you want to do and what you can do are two totally different things.
Mentally i could probably be a navy seal.
Physically it ain’t happening.
That in itself is stressful to mentally want to do something but physically can’t.
So sometimes you have to settle for less for your own good