Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

the little lot gave up a little more with the Sabre

The little demolition lot was stirred up again. this is a side job for a larger company and they are in no hurry. i found a 1915 coke bottle- the year they started the familiar shape, its marked with the Nov 15, 1915 date. got to know what you are looking at and where to tell the difference. also an old whiskey i traded for ink bottles which i like because the commons are cheap and it dont hurt to break one.

i pulled out the Silver Sabre Plus and hit a 1897 Barber dime. its worn but the date is clear. then i got a small Great seal coat button from World War 1. some people scoff at them but they are 100 yrs old now. My Grandfather Thomas Franklin Hardy on my mothers side fought in France, so i put them in a place of honor.

hope to get another hunt or two before its gone. the iron chunks and pipes are huge. the lot is knee deep mucky or nasty coal furnace cinders. but i am determined to find more its been too good!

Good job Carey....saving history is what it's all about, nice saves:thumbup:

Nice digs Carey,
Silver and militaria on one hunt is nice
Tesoro's old or new will find the goodies
HH, Jerry

Nice finds, if you know much about buttons does the one below look like anything you would recognize? I found it in our local park which dates back to the early 20's

Mark

i flipped the pix right side up but cannot read the motto. also see if there is a backmark. it looks British with the lions and crown. post the back mark picture and just tell me the motto. maybe can help. i like research.

When I found this button I thought it was interesting, but I also had the thought that it could have been a modern reproduction button of some sort.
I really don't see anything on the backside.
The button is cupped or bowl shape,
It has a high standing post on the rear (thread attaching post)
Its all metal.

And for now here is about the best I can do of close up pictures of the legend (wording)

Mark

That little detector is bringing home the treasure for you. Awesome button and dime.:thumbup:

tabman

thanks guys i have been having fun, but its about over on this lot.

Mark i still could not read the motto except honor in the middle. googling the motto may help. lions and crown are usually British royal stuff, but it can be repro dress too. hard to tell but have not seen it in refernces and i checked Canadien and British. post what the motto says.

Nice finds

With all the magnification I have it looks to read from left to right,

"Battery" "Honor" "Regiment"

Mark i have tried my known data bases and do not see it. there are motto data bases too i tried. quite large. i think it is Commonwealth British or affliated in the design but did not see it there. thats a guess with the language in English. i really think decorator coat button but am not sure. just keep it. who knows it may show up one day. never know, but i am leaning toward nice deco button with some age.may never know.