Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Makro Racer 2 is only half as good as my XP Deus

ArnieTX

Three weeks ago I found a sweet 1856 Seated Liberty Dime up against a mesquite tree with my XP Deus but all I could find a few feet away with my Racer 2 was a lousy 1853 half dime. I'm still a nickel down.

I pounded this spot with the Deus and I found a lot of good items today with the 5" Racer 2 coil. I crawled in the iron and it delivered.

I'm still an XP Deus fanboy but after I've cleaned out my iron infested sites I'll be visiting them with the R2/5" for sure. I compared about 3 or 4 signals when I first started today and the XP just couldn't see them. Dug a lot of iron in the same hole as the good targets.

It's a good combo.

good report, looking forward to more re: comparing the two....

"I compared about 3 or 4 signals when I first started today and the XP just couldn't see them. Dug a lot of iron in the same hole as the good targets."

what were the targets and how deep? what did the R2 GB at and how many bars was your dirt?

cheers...

ps, XP better get going on that 4.0 release....turkey +1

ground balanced around 20 and had one bar. Targets ranged from just under the surface to about 4" deep.

Half dime was the 2nd target I dug. Dug several round balls, some real small shot too.

I'm pretty used to the iron machine gun effect from my Deus but the MR2 was wearing me out after about an hour. It was singing.

I crawled and was able to "squeek" out good targets among the junk.

I'm impressed. It's not a daily machine to hit your spots with the small coil, but if you have an iron infested old site that you can slow down in, it is pretty darn good.

Left all setting stock for 2 tone except for:

Iron Audio reduced to 5
Gain set to 88

Air testing the 5" coil I showed sufficient/similar depth compared to the dink coils on my F75 and V3i.

Did you try stock coil and deep mode ? Nice finds Arnie :)

I would like to get a deus, but just can't afford one , if they got a 5" coal for the D I wonder if it may be improved in Iron

The Deus is my favorite machine. It's hard to swing anything else. The MR2 has its place in my arsenal now.