Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Metal detector that was no.1

My first detector was a Whites machine , all I remember was it had a blue metal controll box. Bought it new in 1983 or 84. It was great learning on that simple machine. Those were really the fun days.

The Etrac for sure, but I miss the old Garrett ADS III and the ADS Groundhog. I found a LOT of deep silver with them!

My goodness that's a hard one to answer. But my all time favorite was the Explorer SE Pro.

Whites Eagle 2 ( The last blue box ) still use it to find surveyor pegs ( -35 to -45 ) That was one hot machine when it first came out in 1987.
Matt KD3VJ

DFX . I will use this for relic hunting 'till my dying days. Unless of course they invent see through the ground metal detectors for the hobbyist :love:

Del and I concur! We normally do! For a reason! CTX....for many reasons. Does it work the best everywhere for everyone who has used one? No. But for someone such as myself who I would consider an ”intermediate” user...it makes it very easy to distinguish what might be a questionable signal as one that is good...or bad. A true PLEASURE to use.

Of all the detectors that you have used in your life time which one sticks out as still NO.1 for you:shrug::thumbup:
The best Detector is the one you like the best and for me it is my old XL PRO

Attachments

• 6inchxlpro500.jpg
    6inchxlpro500.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 137
  • M6XLPRO 001.jpg
    M6XLPRO 001.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 150