Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The more I relic hunt with my Explorer the more amazed I am

Marc in Va

Here are my finds from a hammered construction site today. I dont know how the other guys are missing this stuff. 19 of the 54 cal. came out of one hole. The large pocket knife was on top of the bullets. It gave a weird signal but I dug it and boy was I surprised. Dug my first pulled bullet and a canteen top. Also dug an eagle cuff button. It was a fun day!

Marc

I wonder if they were just not tuned into relic hunting. I see that you found no coins. Maybe they just cherry picked that area. Man, I have never found an old bullet yet. Those are awesome finds man. Maybe in NH there are not as many places to find those old bullets. I do ok in the woods though with other stuff so I'm still pretty happy. Congrats on those finds.

well being in va. is a plus for cs stuff i live 50 minutes to the capital of the csa richmond, 35 to wilderness the stuff is everywhere and with the ex 11 its that much easier great finds marc got to get together and hunt im in charlottesville.

Minelab's do very well in VA soil, and get serious depth once you understand what to listen for. I'll lay odd's those .54s are for the Austrian Lorenz rifle. Most likely a camp site that was occupied by both sides judging from the early projectiles (Buck & Ball; .69)Good hunting, David @ Dixie