Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The most lucky hunt ever......

dmnz

Well after a comedy of errors yesterday morning and after squeezing in work stuff managed to get to a local beach for low tide - just at the low tide time (normally try and go a few hours earlier).

This beach is massive by our standards, a good few KM long and no noticeable cuts etc, just tons and tons of sand!

Arriving at the beach, the forecast was wrong, it was a "north wind" and actually fairly rough, hate that - it's like being in a washing machine trying to find Small targets, dropping through the scoop on a murky bottom! Seeing the waves was not overly excited about my prospects for the day. On top of the fact the beach has been well and truly hammered by multiple detectorists!

So, anyway, if you can picture this.....

Popped on the wetsuit, it's a camo one (used for spear fishing), gloves, boots and now start walking toward the water with the green ATX and the green "camo wetsuit". About half way down I get stopped by a girl and her friend, saying they want a photo of us together as I look like a "ninja" - anyway photos done and head toward the water.....

Just walk to a totally random spot, down from where the "ninja" photos had been taken! (Lucky the hood is on, so no one will know me!!!!)

Enter the water, knee deep, turn on the ATX and place it in the water, also regretting that at the same time, knowing I will need to clean the cams of sand!

Mask is full of sand, so bend down to wash it out....damn those Ninja photos, should not have dropped the mask!

Anyway mask is now sorted, pick up the ATX and suddenly, without taking a step, hear a HIGH LOW

Assuming it is a bottle top or just the machine falsing, used the scoop anyway just to be sure.....

You guessed it.....gold ring..... 1940s?

Quite decent 9ct but a large old Mens ring!

Having had my amazing luck for today, promptly turned arounds, knees wet, and went home!

Just being on that beach, I would feel VERY lucky.
Glad to hear you have the cams high on your priority list to maintain.
Carma came full circle. NICE!

WaterWalker said:
Just being on that beach, I would feel VERY lucky.
Glad to hear you have the cams high on your priority list to maintain.
Carma came full circle. NICE!

I know, right? He says, "I'm going on vacation to the islands to metal detect." Lol! The guy lives in a vacation spot! I also think he didn't do any better on his vacation than he does at home. The guy gets gold everywhere.

Yes does make you appreciate where we live:). Remember however we have a very small population - so the density of targets is just not there. You can walk for hours in the wrong conditions with no targets!!! Meanwhile dreaming of East Coast USA beaches!