Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Mother Load

pedrod

I mean to say - HOLY CRAP -I FOUND THIS?

I have to say I have a lot of respect for my club members they are VERY unselfish and are very open about hot locations to detect in our city.

Well I have heard them talking about a certain place for months. every club meeting it was the same thing, I found this at X site and the next month the same thing. well its an hour drive for me to get there so I decided to go hit it anyways despite the fact its supposedly hunted out.

Principle #1 - nothing is every hunted out -look what I found several months after club members start bringing in there indian heads and 2 cent pieces.
Principle #2 - Keep the faith and believe that with determination and a good attitude- you never know whats around the corner.

when I found this I thought I am not supposed to find this type of stuff. I am the newbie with the Ace 250- this is the stuff for the EXPERTS in our club.

The silliest thing of all was that this was not buried in the ground, it was just lying upside down.

My best find to date! Is it 100% certain that the soldiers reunion in 1897 would be that of men who fought in the Civil War?

some details- maybe not so easily seen in the picture -

Its Brass
It has an eagle on top looking to the right
It reads "TOPEKA" on top
it reads at center "fall festival & soldiers reunion"
it had dates of the festival - Sept 27 to Oct 2
It has a date of 1897

thanks

Very cool, like pulling history out of the ground... I bet alot of detail would come up if you did a pencil tracing over it. you know,, just lay a piece of paper over it and lightly run the side of the tip of a pencil over it in fast strokes...... It looks like some tents on the front too. I bet theres alot of details we cant see.

Pretty cool CW reunion fob. Yes, I dont think theres much doubt that it is a CW reunion piece.
It would have originally had a chain or ribbon for hanging around the neck and was given to all the registered participants.
You can go online and probably find out who was at that reunion.

You gotta be stoked.

It would be interesting to get a little more information out of that. You should send a photo of that to Garrett with a story. Here's the link:

http://www.garrett.com/hobby/submitastory.htm

Congradulations that is real nice,I'd have my head in the clouds if I found something like that.

Way cool. :super:
To me, something like that is worth a bucket of clad.
It is kind of strange to be on the surface. You would think
it would have had some kind of cosmic debris over it by now..
But oh well... You still would have found it even if it was fairly deep.
I bet that thing hits hard with the 250. Hard to guess, but almost
looks the size of a police badge. ? Yep, anyone can find goodies
if they swing in the right place. :detecting:
Whoever was there before you didn't swing in the exact right place. :rofl:
Or... Maybe someone found it, and then proceeded to drop it on the
ground.. :sad: :angry:
That could explain it being on the surface.. Course, maybe the flat
shape just happened to keep it from sinking for some reason, or
there is little grass, etc to dump debris over it year after year.

Awesome find, Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clapping: