Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The New 1.10 Beta Test version 3 observations

oldkoot

Well I will be honest, I am not sure about this third beta Test version 3, I installed it on my Legend I have been trying all the Beta test versions on, prior to this latest 1.10 Beta Test Version 3 and prior to the LG24 coil I was seeing great depth and great stability out of my Legend and was really liking the Beta test version 2, but something has changed in my legend with the new 1.10 version 3, the only thing that was changed according to Nokta is they added a zero setting in the iron filter settings, but something just does not seem rite now with my Legend, up until today I was unable to get out and detect because of snow on the ground and it has been cold, I received the LG24 coil and had been unable to try it out until today Friday, we got a warm up, and Nokta put out another 1.10 Beta test version 3 so I installed it, it is like Nokta has now done what I was fearing the most that with all these updates my legend seems like it has been dumbed down, the depth just seems to be gone, I was seeing great depth prior to this 1.10 version 3 with the LG15 and LG28, my next step is I will remove the LG24 and mount the LG28 and or the LG15 back on my Legend just to see if it might be the LG24 coil itself, I can not go back to 1.10 version 2 because it is no longer available, so if nothing else I will revert back to version 1.09, which I did not want to do

I may try to re install the 1.10 version 3 again just to see if it might not have installed correctly and do another factory reset again, not sure what to do on this one, but something is just off with my Legend now

OK after I posted this thread, I decided to re install the 1.10 Beta Test version 3, so what I did, I did a factory reset and then did the reinstall of 1.10 version 3, then I performed another factory reset and reinstalled the 1.10 version 3 again and another factory reset, I then took it out in my yard where I have some targets buried and tested it out again with the LG24 coil it seemed way way different and much much better, prior to these re installs it would not hit a 10K wedding band at no more than 1-2 inches, with the 1.10 version 3, and the tones seemed really weird also prior to the re install of 1.10 version 3, after the re installs and factory resets it seemed to help a ton, I am starting to think each new version needs to have a few re installs before the update sets in correctly, if that makes sense, this new beta update is not the first time I have had to re install a few times before it seemed to work correctly, I will try it out again when it is not dark outside, and having to do the testing by headlamp though, but it did seem to help my Legend

My recommendation to everyone, is to do a couple of re installs on your Legend with what ever version you are currently using at the moment and see if it does not make a difference on your legend with the LG24, if you do decide to do the re installs do not forget to do a factory rest between each re install

Are you still going to try a different coil to see if it was the coil initially and any differences between the lg15 and lg24.
Just seems kind of weird to have to do the update a few times. How do we know how many updates is best, two, three, four?

Are you still going to try a different coil to see if it was the coil initially and any differences between the lg15 and lg24.
Just seems kind of weird to have to do the update a few times. How do we know how many updates is best, two, three, four?
I am goin to be testing all three coils, but after I did the Re installs I really do not think it was the LG24, initially what I was seeing with the 1.10 Beta Test Version 3 my legend would not even hit a 10K wedding band at 1-2 inches sitting on the ground and it was probably closer to 1.25 inches and a couple times I was almost sitting the coil rite on the ring and when it would give a tone the tones were all broken up and crackling like a piece of iron would do, today I did the same test out in my yard that has heavy magnetite about 4 inches down the tones and everything sounded much much cleaner and I could actually raise the LG24 up around 8-10 inches and still get a tone that I would have investigated all be it at the 10 inch height it was not a vary loud tone but it was a tone none the less when I dropped my swing over the ring to around 7-8 inches it would have definitely stopped me to dig, the last part of this was after I did the re installs and factory resets

I installed the update, did the factory reset, and it seems to work fine. I saw the above posts, so I did the update again, factory reset, still seems to be fine.
I'm using a wireless modem on my laptop, so I would think because of connectivity problems that I would maybe have more problems than others. I'm using windows 10.
Some could be getting a glitch when doing the upload. I make sure I have really nothing else running in the background that may slow the update as well.
Just keep doing the update until you're sure it's working correctly, and the factory reset.

I installed the update, did the factory reset, and it seems to work fine. I saw the above posts, so I did the update again, factory reset, still seems to be fine.
I'm using a wireless modem on my laptop, so I would think because of connectivity problems that I would maybe have more problems than others. I'm using windows 10.
Some could be getting a glitch when doing the upload. I make sure I have really nothing else running in the background that may slow the update as well.
Just keep doing the update until you're sure it's working correctly, and the factory reset.
I do all my updating on my Legends on my Desktop which is a windows 10 PC, my Laptop is windows 11 and it will not even recognize either of my Legends, so in my opinion a windows 10 PC is the key to the updates

I do have a question for you though when you downloaded the 1.10 beta test version 3 did you by chance check the previous update tool to see if 1.10 V3 was already in the updater tool for the 1.10 V2

Sorry, I didn't notice as I delete all those old files before installing the update tool again. That's interesting though.

as far as updating 1.10-3 I think I will wait to see the final version and also wait a bit to see what folks who have it loaded on their machines feel about it, right now I am happy with my machine now but admittedly I don't have a lot of experience so ?