Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The new Tesoro is out! Waterproof, better balanced, digital battery check. I got the first one off the line! :detecting:

khouse

Flip the switch down to check the battery voltage - up to hunt and center is off.
I'm trying to name it. So far I have.
Pond Purger
Gold Gulper
Silver Sniper
Mud Puppy
Lake Licker
Water Weasel

"I shall call him Squishy"

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0LGL5vVP7w[/video]

Pretty darn cool! I am tempted but I have a Tiger Shark and from what I have seen that is the only detector that can match the Compadre on small stuff. I think you will do really well with that rig. Be sure to get a good sand scoop and let us know how you do.

I already have a nice scoop. I've built two other machines. One was an Ace 250 (search Lake Looter)and the other was a Coinmaster. The other waterproof machines I've had were the Atpro and BHID. I've now had two Compadre's and it being a higher frequency machine and fast response makes it superior to my other water machines. I love using the Compadre in the Tot lots and it finds some cool stuff. I have learned NOT to thumb each of my targets. I just set the disc and leave it alone. I look forward to my fresh water hunts this coming summer.

Water Weasel -- you guys are so creative,

great job :clapping:

Water Weasel

It seems that there should be some reference to an EEL ...since some are electric ( ? ):clapping:

Ooooooh! I want one!

Very nice Khouse. Did you ever think of using the Amigo II control box?? It measures 3.5 x 2.5 x 1.5 inches. From what I understand the Amigo II was the pre-Compadre model, having a full range discrimination and a slightly lower frequency of 10 kHz. Performance-wise very similar. Now a name for your detector...mmm...what about ComPondre??

:ranting: And I thought Tesoro had a new machine out !!!!:drool:

No. But I did think about just using the Compadre box and just remotely installing a waterproof battery box. But then I wanted to have access to the trimmers just in case I needed to adjust them.

I decided to test for leaks for an extended time over night. My box leaked! So I took the guts back out of the box and left the cables and waterproof connections in place to do more testing. Overnight it would leak what would be equal to maybe 5 drops of water in volume. I had a very hard time deciding where the leak was coming from. I couldn't just watch it and see since the leak was so small. So I set up toilet paper inside by all the penetrations and still could figure it out. So I replaced the cable connectors and it leaked. I then ordered a new lid seal. It still leaked. I then removed the built in purge valve and siliconed it shut. That fixed the issue. I bought this box "assuming" it wat waterproof. But after closer examination of the box's description it says it's water resistant and not for submersing. So I then did a search and found that I wasn't the only one that has went through this. So from now on I will only use Otter boxes because most all of them are rated for submersion to 100 feet.

khouse,

Thanks for being the test subject & being so though on running down the problem. Good information for the electrical/mechanical modification group.

HaRM

The mistake I made was not testing the box before I went to all the trouble of the modification. Lesson learned.........

How about Tesoro LLS (Leaks Like a Sieve) ...Just kidding!!!! Wish you luck in perserving the electronics. Yup lessons learned.

Have a Great Holiday Season.

TC-NM

n/t

It didn't get to any electronics. I got to thinking that sometimes I'm in the water 6 to 10 hours. That is when I get the chance to go.