Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The new Tesoro is out! Waterproof, better balanced, digital battery check. I got the first one off the line! :detecting:

khouse

Flip the switch down to check the battery voltage - up to hunt and center is off.
I'm trying to name it. So far I have.
Pond Purger
Gold Gulper
Silver Sniper
Mud Puppy
Lake Licker
Water Weasel

I decided to test for leaks for an extended time over night. My box leaked. So I took the guts back out of the box and left the cables and waterproof connections in place to do more testing. Overnight it would leak what would be equal to maybe 5 drops of water in volume. I had a very hard time deciding where the leak was coming from. I couldn't just watch it and see since the leak was so small. So I set up toilet paper inside by all the penetrations and still could figure it out. So I replaced the cable connectors and it leaked. I then ordered a new lid seal. It still leaked. I then removed the built in purge valve and siliconed it shut. That fixed the issue. I bought this box "assuming" it wat waterproof. But after closer examination of the box's description it says it's water resistant and not for submersing. So I then did a search and found that I wasn't the only one that has went through this. So from now on I will only use Otter boxes because most all of them are rated for submersion to 100 feet.