Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Ocean Taketh Away and The Ocean Giveth Back! :)

Hit the lane for low tide today and it was VERY rough, windy, strong incoming surf, and LOTS of uncovered black sand. Oh, and TARGETS GALORE!

I dug an insane amount of clad...total of 35 quarters, 39 nickels, 48 dimes, and about 60 pennies. It was almost all green and crusty...been down there for years. I even got one of those new one dollar coins...don't see many of those around here. Also got a very old and tarnished silver ring and a thin 14K white gold band, which I forgot to put in the picture.

But the big find of the day was the bracelet...it's 16.5 grams and has a poor stamp that I though might be a 9 and two partial zeros. Regardless, I took it to my jeweler, he looked at it, and quickly ID'd it as 21K. So the meltdown on it at the current price, my cut, a little over $400. Sweet! :)

Back out at it again at 4:00 AM...gotta get some snooze time!

Pics...minus the pennies and one small gold ring
[attachment 105404 Bling1.jpg]

[attachment 105405 Bling2.jpg]

Look like you hit a gold and clad mine.
Must be plenty more there for you to dig up.
:thumbup:

...but apparently it was part of a wedding set. Wish I would have found the ENGAGEMENT RING that went with it! :(

Shown with a crusty dime for size. The two little "dimples" in it should match up with another ring or rings.
[attachment 105416 Bling3.jpg]

We were there from 4:30 AM to almost 11:30...even made it up to the Boardwalk Hotel...missed you. Karl has yet to meet the great GraveDiggerMax. Maybe somedau soon, seeing as how we're ALMOST done with the night hunting. Not quite yet though. :)

The clasp and the high Karat are the giveaways. The people from India don't consider anything gold unless it is 22K or higher!!!!

Nice Find!!!!!

HH

Beachcomber

That sure made your day! And lots of coins too! Wish those dollar coins would catch up down there...would drastically improve the clad total !

congrats on your finds mike, how long have you been huting at va beach? just curious because i lost my high school ring at va beach either in 1975 or 1976 and i am still hoping one day i will get it back. i would like to give it to my 13 y.o. daughter. do you know of any metal detector clubs in that area i could contact to see if anyone ever found my ring? thanks jag

I've been doing this here for 8 years now. I've found and returned a few class rings. You could contact the Tidewater Coin and Relic Club. The info is here http://www.tc-rc.com/newsletter.htm

You could also try www.classringfinder.com There are 9500 rings listed there.

n/t

....and I don't think I could ever bring myself to melt it down. It is such a stunning piece! I little polish and you might just change your mind, eh?

aj

>Now I gotta gitme a wetsuit< :rolleyes: