Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The old Chapel

senda

Hello buddies
I left on Sunday after lunch and F1 race, and figured the fields of old chapel must have been mowed. I went back there and Bingo! the grass looked like a golf course. High Voltage lines were quite far apart so they do not bother. The land had no garbage and little iron.
OTERO%20VISTA%20DOS_zpsqzwllnav.jpg

The truth is that very few holes dug for my age and that's good.
20150705_202714_zpsst3dnjbx.jpg

The first objective was the uniform button Laredo Volunteer Regiment, War of Independence 1808/1814. Laredo was at that time the capital of Cantabria and like all 50 provinces had his regiment.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/Joseangel_Alonsodiego/20150707_123651%20DOBLE_zpsqdfbsmhf.jpg
Then I found the coin resealed 1642 and 1 cent coin in 1870.
20150706_000157%20DOBLE_zpstax14m25.jpg

20150706_000039%20DOBLE_zpsbrl6k1qc.jpg

A good sign about 66, dug and only found a piece of metal slightly curved. I kept a little disappointed. A few steps a signal 77, fixed and strong. A ball, heavy and of good quality, but black. I've never found a round black musket bullet. A group of 4 caps a projectile W 30-30 and 6.5 × 52 mm Carcano or 6.5 × 52 mm Mannlicher-Carcano but do not think that they killed the Kenndy ... A shotgun shell. I headed for the exit thinking off the AT, when a signal at 63 gave me another coin, very rusty, but that seems 2 maravedis 1690 by size, shape and construction.
20150706_000308%20DOBLE_zps604ihf5p.jpg

A small perforated tube, filter type,
20150706_000449_zpssjuyngfo.jpg

a grungy cap and two tubes of veterinary was all the loot.
In the car, I wet the bent piece and discovered that it is a piece of an old bell, with several registered letters casting.
20150707_123441_zpss8bcga0b.jpg

This church is documented in the year 1090 and has architectural styles of the XI, XIII and XVI. The works of the XIII and XVI century were sponsored by the same family, lords of the land. I think the campaign was provided in the last restoration by Mr. and letters can be the initials of the surnames. I identified when the ball with the clapper of the bell, it shows unmistakable signs of use.
20150706_000424_zps73blonos.jpg

A great day of detection.
20150706_000529_zpsly32vxma.jpg

thanks for watching

What? You are out detecting! I cannot believe you are not roadside in a caravan at 'Le Tour' drinking three sheets to the wind and chasing like minded floozies! Cheering along your Countrymen Contador, Valverde or Rodriguez! :shrug: What kind of good Spaniard are you?:lmfao: A good Spaniard would be pulling for Valverde!, in your honor, I will!

Senda,
Those are some amazingly great finds and good on you for hitting that place at the right time after the mowing! :clap: As far as our dear Kennedy, all us American ballisticians know the Mannlicher-C didnt get him...he was hit by a 22.250 Remington loaded with a 52gr boat tail hollow point match from the starboard quarter from the grassy knoll and not from the Spanish highlands or a book depository....any smooth shoe knows that..:cry:..so no hard feelings on that find..:thumbup:

One big Mudpuppy bucket list wish is to be roadside at LeTour, drinking and cheering with like minded floozies...of course, I'd throw that all in the dunny to be hunting with you at your amazing sites...just to sit in the shade and watch you work would be good enough for me!
Mud

hahaha
Mud, you amaze me every day.:surprised: I see you're a big fan of cycling.:surrender: I like but not to go to France to see the Tour. Granted it's a great sporting spectacle. I love the Tour de France. Every day on TV live at naptime. It is a good anesthetic ... :goodnight: :rofl:the Tour and France can live without me and without my money for another 100 years. France is a great place to detect, but very expensive and in Spain there are very good wine, too.:buds:
Wikipedia cheated on me with the Mannlicher-C .... sorry
If one day I see around here ... we will detect a bit and then we'll drink all the wine in my cellar as we watch the tour on TV
Thank you for your comments :rofl:
senda

The church was there in 1090? Holy- moley (pun intended) that's old. Move the decimal over 2 points to the right, and hat is considered old in Edmonton.:rofl: That bell and ball clapper finds sure are a great pair of finds.:thumbup:

Yes John, is the oldest written date, 1090 record, but it is possible that the original building dates back to the seventh / eighth century. At this time the Muslim invasion of the Iberian Peninsula occurs -Spain and Portugal - and the population took refuge in the mountains of northern founded many chapels and monasteries in fairly remote and hidden places of the Muslims.
I do not understand Holy- moley
I've done some research on the hood and is Gothic, the letters of the inscription from the thirteenth to sixteenth centuries.
Thanks for commenting

TO KNOW MORE

In this church differ at least three stages of construction:
Initially around the eleventh century, as evidenced by some corbels Romanesque tradition, like a pig's head and a snake, representing the sins of gluttony and lust, respectively, although both are out of the church, in their nearby. Also, inside, you can see a typical carved scallop on plinth, typical of that time.

A second stage, where the church is now preserved in ruins would be built, that is, where the church was rebuilt, around the XIII century with a single nave and which in its southern wall the entrance door opens, with rectangular apse and pointed main arch and molding, whose dome is demolished. Still retains the belfry raised two pockets, finished in arches. At the head it has another door with pointed arch.
The apse was square covered by vault with stirrups in its external oblique angles.

Because of the stylistic similarities of this second phase, in which the door of this church and St. Mary or Our Lady of the Assumption in Bielva are virtually identical, suggests that this reconstruction of the thirteenth century is related to the Rubin family Celis, who had the same privileges and seating in the main chapel of the Church of Bielva, where they could be buried.
A third moment is in the sixteenth century, in which he had opened the side chapel, probably also funded by the Rubin de Celis family. This chapel, attached to the ship was covered with vault

In 1916 it was sold to individuals by the Bishop of Santander, and has since undergone a process of neglect to its present ruin. Because of looting caused by his abandonment, just some corbels are preserved with reliefs of various reasons, the walls and some of the vaulted roofs, but the roof and the ship is sunk, and brambles and dense vegetation have taken over in their entire walls covering the space, ship and around the temple

Real old site and interesting items found Senda.
Thanks for the history lesson:thumbup:

Thanks Scott and Joel. the story is so exciting ...
I'm learning a lot from that detect metal great hobby.
Some pictures, a place, a handful of "stingy" objects and a little imagination and in your mind you have an exciting novel, a "possible" story.
Thanks for watching

Wow, Senda, you sure have some neat places to hunt. I find all this extremely interesting. Thanks for posting and sharing your country and culture with us! And congrats on the awesome finds!