Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The old Explorer still amazes me.

Ed (Upstate NY)

Dug this nice 1914 Barber quarter in a pounded area. The only reason this quarter was still in the ground was because of a 3" x 3" chunk of iron in the bottom of the hole. When digging the quarter was in the side of the hole about 3" above the iron. The trusty old Explorer sniffed it out though.

Attachments

• 1914barber1.jpg
    1914barber1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 252
  • 1914barber3.jpg
    1914barber3.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 309
  • 1914barber2a.jpg
    1914barber2a.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 266
You know what’s even MORE “amazing”? That MOST people never HAVE and never WILL buy an Explorer of any kind and learn it to even 50-75% of the machine/operator potential. SO many people out there just don’t have the patience to realize that IF they put in the time and build skill with it as they go, it STILL does everything it did when it came out. Nothing about that has changed, they continue to amaze those lucky enough to know them.

Dug this nice 1914 Barber quarter in a pounded area. The only reason this quarter was still in the ground was because of a 3" x 3" chunk of iron in the bottom of the hole. When digging the quarter was in the side of the hole about 3" above the iron. The trusty old Explorer sniffed it out though.
Never hunted out when there's an Explorer in your hand- Nice find my friend. see you in the fall I hope!

Wow! I've found some coins with junk in the hole, but a 3" x 3" chunk of iron? Great find.