Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The old house...

JoeinMemphis

Found my share of can slaw, but decided to try something different. There is a pond behind the house, and since it has been about 260 degrees here for the last couple of months with no rain, there was very little water left. The story is it was dug in the 1880's by mule team. I figured why not. I ended up finding the 2 nickels there, along with the penny. The nickels were 1946, 1943P and found a foot apart, might have been dropped at the same time and rolled off the bank into the water together, the penny was a 1962. Still not the oldies I am looking for... The front yard gave up a goodie though, among all the pieces of shreaded can slaw, from 6" down came the ring. It is OLD. It appears to be copper, soldered, then plated. There is a tiny bit of plating left. If anyone has a possible age on when they were made like this let me know...
HH
Joe

Good finds. Probably more stuff in that pond area.

I am hoping so. I am going to hit it again this Saturday, bringing the knee high rubber boots and maybe even the Excalibur to just head out into where it is still wet, if I don't get sucked down into its depths... Not much water, but a LOT of "suck the boots right off of ya" mud.
HH Joe

n/t