Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Old SE Pro is on fire !

Ed (Upstate NY)

Great day in the old park. Hit one of the pounded, hunted to death Albany City parks this afternoon. Started off slowly with only a 1907 Indian head cent after the first hour. Moved to an area where I dug a nice War of 1812 button years ago and that's when things started to heat up. First good target was a 1906 V nickel. Next, nice deep hit I pull out a large cent but something else is in the hole, dig down a little deeper and pull out an 1864 two cent piece. A few minutes later, not more than 30 feet away, another deep signal results in a second 1864 two cent piece. Maybe 15 minutes after that, another deep hit results in a fat 1863 indian head cent but again, another sweet sounding target is still in the hole. Couldn't believe it when I pull another 1864 two cent piece from the hole. In 32 years I never dug more than one two cent piece in an outing. To get three of them and a large cent in less than an hour was truly amazing. Haven't tried to clean them up yet. I'll post another photo after I ruin them !

That’s just NUTS! I dug an 1867 2c here in Wisconsin a few days ago, but it’s scorched pretty badly. THREE of the SAME YEAR in an hour??? And a largie??? Yes, I do believe the SE is ON FIRE!:super:

Out of the three 2 centers, only one cleaned up nicely. The reverse sides of the other two and covered in that hard green crud that won't come off. I find that with most the 2 cent pieces I dig, one good side and one bad !

Ed,

Any clue why so many finds in a beat-to-death park? Moisture, meteors, meth heads? I think I'll give my local parks another spin... Been several years.

Congrats,

Chris

Ted, funny thing is for most of the Spring and Summer I wasn't getting any good, deep signals to dig. Was having one of my worst years ever. Then about a month ago, I was out detecting with Park Pirate (Tony) and when I turned on my SE Pro, I noticed the screen said "factory pre-set". I was like, what happened to my custom program and how long have I been hunting in a factory pre-set ? With Tony's help, I reset the Explorer to the settings it should have been using and I've been digging great deep coins ever since. To the best of my memory here are the settings I updated. Sounds - ferrous, Recovery Deep, Fast off, Select -coins, I hunt in smart screen, wide open with no discrimination and sensitivity set to 25.

Thanks Ed! That is about what I ran mine at a few weeks back. It was pretty dry out so all I found was modern stuff. It is actually snowing here in northeast Iowa right now! I see you found some more stuff in your other post. Congrats!! Ted

Ted, funny thing is for most of the Spring and Summer I wasn't getting any good, deep signals to dig. Was having one of my worst years ever. Then about a month ago, I was out detecting with Park Pirate (Tony) and when I turned on my SE Pro, I noticed the screen said "factory pre-set". I was like, what happened to my custom program and how long have I been hunting in a factory pre-set ? With Tony's help, I reset the Explorer to the settings it should have been using and I've been digging great deep coins ever since. To the best of my memory here are the settings I updated. Sounds - ferrous, Recovery Deep, Fast off, Select -coins, I hunt in smart screen, wide open with no discrimination and sensitivity set to 25.
Ed ? for you . if you select coins in you setting and hunt in smart screen wouldn't you be in coin mode ? and not be hunting wide open ?Thank you for your time

Ed ? for you . if you select coins in you setting and hunt in smart screen wouldn't you be in coin mode ? and not be hunting wide open ?Thank you for your time
It looks like he has a “-“ in front of “Coins” Dennis, which means he cleared the Coins setup in favor of no disc. You can do it that way, or select “Clear” or hunt in wide open Iron Mask….it all leads to no disc. Also….old thread.