Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Outlaw and the Bandido

SpiritRelic

Some things learned about the Outlaw-The Outlaw is basically a Bandido ll umax with motion all metal added to the Outlaw,and a control re configuration.Such as the push retune button.But what makes the difference is the Bandido has a normal tune and automatic tune selector switch.Meaning you could not rapidly change modes like on the Outlaw.With the Bandido you are locked in either mode,auto/normal.With the Outlaw there is no normal tune/auto tune selector switch to lock you in.This is were the problem can occur with the proper operation of the Outlaw.The way the controls are configured on the Outlaw,if the operator changes modes by use of the toggle switch or the retune/pinpoint button you must hold coil up and retune the threshold to original setting before going back to disc mode.No motion is great for target sizing,deep targets,Line tracing,ore sampling- hitting on gold under a hot rock as Gunnar describes in his video.If one hunts in no motion you are responsible for retuning the detector via the retune button.It takes some thought to realize just how this detector is designed.Think about the way it is set up with the button and toggle working together.The retune is a very important feature to realize how it works if you plan to own a Outlaw.Anyone that owns a Outlaw,feel free to discuss this further to learn more.The design of this metal detector can be confusing.

Actually retuning the Outlaw is no different than we always retuned in all metal using older VLF machines. It becomes second nature to just lift the coil and press the retune button after pinpointing. Or when encountering threshold drift. Pinpointing is nothing more than de-tuning a detector to narrow a target response.

Spirit, I'm heading out this afternoon to try a few more different experiments with it. Thanks for chiming in Sven. These are the sort of things Tesoro should be explaining better. Some of you guys have used these type of machines and are familiar with what their functions are. I am not. This type of machine is completely new to me. No where in the manual does it ever say the coil must be lifted to retune it, nor does it say to hit the retune button before flipping to disc mode. I'm not saying this is untrue, just pointing out the lack of info on Tesoro's part if in fact it needs to be done to keep things stable. This explains why when you pinpoint or simply hit the retune periodically as the manual says to, things can sometimes get really weird, i.e. lost signals or the "emergency broadcast signal". I do agree with Spirit though Sven, this retune is somehow tied in to other areas of this machine that has yet to be fully understood. More testing to come...Thanx Guys..

I got a short video on Utube pending,it is my first phone video and Utube posting,so i hope it works.If it works the video is under outlaw retune button.I now do not believe that the no motion is tied to the disc mode from my quick test.The disc mode should not be effected by what happens in no motion.Gunnar for your information if you look up the bandido ll on the Tesoro site and look at the manual and see how the detector is set up.It is good if this all checks out that the no motion mode has no effect on disc mode.I will let you know if the video takes.I may need someone to transfer the video link here.I don't really know how to transfer a link with this phone yet. :-D

After getting the outlaw out to do the video i am starting to see the great potential in this detector.The motion all metal is the best i have heard of many Tesoros.The slow retune of this mode is awesome.As a mater of fact,i have it set up for a relic hunt.I really believe in this detector for some reason.The smoothness of the motion all metal is unreal,i guess because of the very slow retune speed compared to the other Tesoro detectors i have used. :-D