Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Outlaw Arrived

Rebel1

Got my 3 coil Outlaw today. Seems to be a nice detector. Air testing it with the small 5.75" coil and must say i thought it would be more sensitive to small gold and lead. I have a small .3 gm piece of lead that i use for testing and in disc mode it won't signal at all. In AM mode it will, but only to about an inch. Heck, the Land Ranger Pro i sold to buy this got better than that. I haven't tried it with the 8" or 10"x12" coils yet. What should i get on a dime with the small coil? I am getting around 4"-5" with it. Can't wait to take it out and give it a try out.

Air tests mean little. I find the backs of earrings all the time. I found a piece from a gold link chain about 2.5" under the ground. I find when I air test detectors its a let down. But when balanced in the field and put to work in the dirt I am much more satisfied and that goes for all detectors I own.

I also have found very small items with my Outlaw. Air testing only proves the detector works and your able to check disk functions. In the ground is where it counts and most detectors do better than air testing in real world application.

Go have fun with the Outlaw hope you like it as much as I do mine, :detecting:

Bill G

Thanks Bill. I rerally liked my Vaquero so i am pretty sure the Outlaw won't dissapoint me either.

I really want to get the 7" DD coil for it but we just had to put $1000 in the wife's Caravan for repairs so that will have to wait a while. What do you guys thnik of that coil? Is it good on small items like earring backs and small gold? I am thinking about trying to sell the 8" concentric and get the 7"er?

Be sure and press the retune button before you air test the Outlaw. Mine does not show much depth without being retuned. Turn the sensitivity up all the way and then press the retune button until the machine comes up to full power and it starts chattering then adjust the sensitivity back to quiet the machine.

You probably already know this, but make sure you are swinging the coin in the exact center of the BOTTOM of the coil. This is important to get good distance in an air test with a concentric coil. The field is the strongest at the center of the coil. Also swing speed will make a BIG difference. My Tejon during air testing likes a fast swing and compared to a slow swing there is well over 2" of difference.

I air tested my Silver when I first got it and was disappointed. Of course I did not know what I was doing, and in the field things were much better than my garage air testing results.

Thanks for the reply. Yep, i do know the center of the concentric is best. I really want to give it a try with the Big 10"x!2" DD to see how it does in an open soccer field.

when i got brand new vaquero and being new to detecting back in april. i made a test garden and i could not hit the 6 inch coins. so, i got on here and asked why. hearing all about how deep the vaq. is. was told the coins have to be in the ground a number of years to hit them deep. guess all got a good laugh from that one. when i got solid hit on a 1857 half dime that was at a good 7 inches deep in the field. i knew there was nothing wrong with the detector.

Rebel1 said:
I really want to give it a try with the Big 10"x!2" DD to see how it does in an open soccer field.

My prediction is deep!