Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Outlaw roped me an Indian in the woods today.:detecting:

B.RATNY

Also found a few wheat pennies a tiny religious medal and some other odds and ends. The Indian head was around four inches deep.
HH Butch NY

Awesome condition Indian Head. Four inches deep is about average for stuff in the woods.

Hy thats a nice condition find, I also found that in the woods most targets did not seem to be deep , and the coins i found had little corosion, hear is some info on your penny 1891 is not a rare date for Indian Head cents.
In well-worn condition, it's worth about $1.00
If the LIBERTY in the headband is strong & clearly readable, it's worth about $5.00
A nice uncirculated one is worth about $25.00 but who knows if you find the 1877 its going to be a good one.

You have got this detector figured out Butch.You have posted some of the best finds so far with the Outlaw that i have seen.Hope you continue the great progress. :-D

Hey, that IH cleaned up nicely; good find. Had lots of fun yesterday with you at that site. Do you know what metal that little religious medal is made of? Post a picture.

aj

That's a really nice looking Indian Head Penny. :cheers:

What were your settings?

tabman

I was using the 8" coil sensitivity was set at 8 and discrimination was a little above foil. There was quite a bit of iron in the area I was hunting (nails and pieces of barbed wire fence) but it still rang through loud and clear with the 8" coil. I'm going to go over the same area with the 5.75" coil and see if I can coax out a few more good finds.
HH Butch