Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Outlaw...

Smudge

Forgive me if this has bene asked before, but I couldn't find it.

Has anyone tested the depth of the Outlaw with the 12x10 coil on a clad dime yet?

If so, what was your result?

I just have and hope to get the video on You Tube once I understand this new camera software. In the Disc mode my Outlaw is able to sense a dime to 8.5 - 9 inches. In the All Metal, Motion Mode 12 inches! One thing I really like is the amount of ground I can cover and maintain some great target separation. These are my results in my local park, normal mineralization.

ED 120 in all modes.

Just wnated to add that the Outlaw with the 12x10 coil covers alot of ground in a short amount of time, and for a coil of its size it is very sensitive and real easy to pinpoint with plus it isn't very heavy.

ED - expanded discrimination

The Outlaw has ED-120. It won't cleanly accept old rusty nails at its lowest discrimination setting.

All metal mode is ALL metal and it will accept old rusty nails.

tabman

REVIER said:
ED 120 in all modes.
The conventional All Metal mode is just that, an ALL METAL response mode. Only the Discrimination mode relies on the 120

Smudge said:
Forgive me if this has bene asked before, but I couldn't find it.

Has anyone tested the depth of the Outlaw with the 12x10 coil on a clad dime yet?

If so, what was your result?
Smudge, through the several decades I have been detecting, with a wide assortment of makes, models, and search coils, I noted more pronounced differences in coils size changes in the early BFO and TR era of the latter '60s and early-to-mid '70s. As our electronic circuitry progressed, so did the improvement in search coil design. I have found that many makes with smaller size search coils, from about 4

I had often heard that large coils lost some sensitivity to smaller targets. Thank you for that confirmation.

Smudge said:
I had often heard that large coils lost some sensitivity to smaller targets. Thank you for that confirmation.
That's what they say Smudge but I was very surprised at how well the Outlaw w/the large coil hit on small pieces of foil.

Smudge said:
Yes, larger coils can lose performance on smaller-size targets. With some (many?) makes and models a misadjusted Ground Balance can also cause a loss of detection to larger and/or higher -conductive targets, such as big silver dollars, half-dollars and on occasion the US quarters. Reduced depth or total loss of response can sure be annoying. :ranting:

Monte

Spent a few hours at my local lake yesterday. The area I detected has lots of black sand. I used the 10x12 coil to try and get some deeper targets. Results, I found one large silver ring at about 5" but as far as modern coins, deepest was a nickel between 9" and 10". I found a few dimes at more than 6" and one was probably 8"+. Good repeatable hit. I also found a soda can at over 20". This is by far the deepest target I have ever dug. Outlaw is noticeably deeper than my Conquistador umax. One thing I have noticed is that good targets tend to give good signals until maximum depth, where the other detectors I have used started to give broken signals as targets got near the limits of range. The only problem I have is that I couldn't disc out a steel bottle cap below foil. I ended up digging a lot of caps especially rusty ones. Clean ones would give a slight clipped signal but rusty ones sounded good. So far I am very satisfied with the Outlaw.

Do you know if any of the 3 coils that come with the outlaw will work in water , are they waterproof?

What kind of water are you going to hunt in, and what are you after?

Monte

I want to get a 12x10 coil for my Vaquero, which one will give results like this? the Tesoro 12x10 widescan or the S.E.F