Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Pleasures of Pinpointing

A

Anonymous

Hello,
I have started using the Explorer XS with
Sensitity 31
All metal accept. No discrimination
MAnual and semi-auto
Iron Mask -16
I use the detector with sound and coresponding cross hair location to I.D. my target. I have used this detector with a degree of success but I have found this "problem" a little confusing.
The signals sound deep and faint but so far the pin pointing signal will break-up when I pass it over the target that is supposed to be there. I have tried to "NOISE CANCEL" and reduce the sensivity, but the signal pinpoiting signal is still broken up and is not accurate in locating target. This usually happens when locating copper or silver. It seems when one "max's" the detctor out it seems to false with pin pointing.
Any comments.
DAve

dave,
i have noticed when ever i get a signal that sounds deep to me i'll look at the depth meter and it might be close to being maxed out. now when i go into the pinpoint mode it will start to studder. now ive dug targets like that and found them to be deep. down around the 10 inch range. i think that is whats happening. the target is just deep. just my opinion.
stan pa. sjmdc

Stans right, on the very deep targets the pinpoint will be weak and sometimes stutter. I alway take that as a good sign and if I am not happy with where the pinpoint is saying it is, I dig where it reads best in disc using the X method, remember if its reading good in 2 directions something is don there keep digging till you find it....Jim