Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The racer

Low-Boy/LCPM

The box it comes in is strong the pro package is so cool with all that you get. The detector is well built and the price for what you get has me asking my self how did they do this for under a grand. Started to test with the deus and so far it can keep up with it. Have not dug any deep targets yet but with each test I think of ways to see how both machines hunt...More to come

is a well built detector, and the Pro Package is equally impressive with what they provide us.

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
The box it comes in is strong the pro package is so cool with all that you get. The detector is well built and the price for what you get has me asking my self how did they do this for under a grand. Started to test with the deus and so far it can keep up with it. Have not dug any deep targets yet but with each test I think of ways to see how both machines hunt...More to come
I just drove home for a lunch break and am headed back out to our little town's littler grassy park. Busy working the FORS w/small and standard coils, and the Racer with small, standard and 5½X10 DD coils.

It sure is a tough time I am having. :surrender:

Too hot? Nope.

Too windy? No, a steady breeze at about 7 mph, but mostly sunny and 67° now and very pleasant.

An abundance of modern trash? Oh there's some there, naturally, but not nearly what I would call enough to be annoying or frustrating.

Too busy recovering an endless supply of coins? No, unfortunately that's not the problem. Coins are there, but not enough to tire me out with recoveries.

Well then, just what "tough time" and I having?

There are two things. One, I am trying to decide which coil will be my 2nd favorite coil to use on the Racer, ... and ...

Two, trying to pay attention to my detecting while I am doing metal math to guess what the percentage of 'field time' will be at the end of a year between the #1 coil choice, that little 'OOR' (Out Of Round) DD compared with all the 7X11 on the Coin & Relic or either/both of the other coils for the Racer.

They all have their place and a good time to select them, but that small coil, on either model, is an absolute 'must have' for any serious detectorist. Makro Detectors made the quick and correct move to change up the extra coil option for the Racer Pro Package. :thumbup:

Enjoy learning the Racer, LowBoy, and we all look forward to your comments in the near future as you get some hunting time in with it.

Monte

I just got my Racer Friday and had ordered the optional 5.5x10 coil. Today I tried that out at a local school. I really like the smooth bottom over the open coil. As for performance, about the only thing I noticed was the targeting seemed a little mushy. Also I laid a couple of pennies on the ground and couldn't hear them as separate targets until they were about 3 inches apart. Not a big deal, just an observation. Maybe more time with it will solve things.

I would think that coil would seperate the coins..I also tried out the small coil and had the same thing happen to me..I think we need to turn down the gain to about 35-50 and see if it has better seperation I think it sees more with more gain not just goes deeper also maybe a DD on this machine is not like it is on the deus...Lots of testing going on so we will learn a lot from out tests and other maybe also the three tone makes a difference..Not much to program on this machine so you would think the recovery speed would be fast as fast as the new fisher F19 and tests done like this with both machines??

Good point on the gain. I was running about 80-83 at the time. For me this weekend it was more of getting the feel of holding it and the sounds. Actually today was my first time with the Racer. I used my new CoRe Saturday while my buddy (almost a noob) used the Racer. I intend to keep the one I like best. Who knows, maybe I'll keep both.