Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The rain held off...

They predicted rain all day, but I only got rained on once. I drove to the spot. The soy beans were cut, and the farmer was home. How many times has that happened? The farmer was very nice and took some photocopies of my maps. Then he said there was a school in the corner of another field! I was hunting a spot where a residence was on my 1860 maps but gone on my 1872 maps. That is where I found the items below except the merc. came form the school site.

Pictured are: '35 merc, a thin boot and shoe token, bank of upper Canada half penny and penny token. The penny token is a first for me! Man are they large, wasn't quite sure what I had until I cleaned it up a bit. The finds were sort of chewed up from fertilizer but I still like them!

The school site was turned over corn stocks... I was already tired from the first site. Then I staggered around in the corn remains like a drunken fool. Oh, and the wind was blowing at around 40mph! At least the rain stopped. Found the merc, a wheat, and two nickels (one war nickel).

It was great to get out and detect! HH to all - BF

Fertilizer takes no prisoners . . our soil up here is so acidic that fertilizer would probably be the lesser of the two evils .. :laugh:

Nice finds .. congrats !!:cheers:

Looks like you had a good hunt Big Fang. Fertilizer is not so kind here in IL either.

I find my share of Canadian coinage here in WNY and I too have found a Bank of Upper Canada one penny token, they are BIG, I'd say just shy of silver dollar size.
Good job on those old coins.

n/t

Not sure why, maybe a coin shortage for this area, but the really old sites (1860 or before) usually have a Canadian token. I've found quite a few.
Thanks - Robin