Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Relic Hunter...1971-2011

This is the best hobby in the world. I wish I would have got into it back then, I'm sure I would
have a lot more coins. The Eagle plate is sweet. Good luck

That is a great picture! What kind of detector was the one in the old picture? I don't care how great all this modern technology is,The 70's were the best of times!

I'd bet money that the machine you swung back when....was a Metrotech Metal Detector. Here is a pic of the one I still have. A bunch of relics were found in the Richmond area with that machine. HH TomB

Tom this is a little late,but since you posted on my BD in 2011 I want to comment on the Metrotech detector. It was my first detector in 1972 and I found lots of CivilWar stuff with it. Wish I could do it all over again.

Cool old pic!
As a youngen', my dad bought what I think was a Frontiersman MD to keep us boys busy while the grownups were busy clearing some ranchland property they had just bought.
Nothing valuable was found but we did find some really cool stuff.
that may have what kept the fire slowly burning til just recently.