Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The return of the QXT......

CWRelichunter

Whites,

I just looked into my crystal ball that was stored away (same one as I used with the MXT), and I saw a new version of the QXT to be released in 201x. Here is what I saw:

The new QGT pro is a combination of the old QXT and the new Coinmaster GT. It will use the same pole and battery system as the QXT did, but will use the GT display. It will also use the audio/Tone ID as on the GT, but everything else will be from the old QXT.

It is understood that some of the QXT's former settings will need to be either removed entirely, or preset without any user adjustments. This is OKAY. The model will still appeal to many, and function as a deep-seeker. Especially when the new version of the 10"DD is released as standard package.

The frequency will be the same as the old QXT, so smaller coils for the coinshooters will already be out there for purchase or trade. One obvious change will be the addition of a 3-postion toggle switch on the left side portion of the control box. It's purpose will be for quick changing from All-metal/DISC/Mixed Mode. No need to fumble through menu's to change that.

The color scheme of the QGT Pro will be Gold/Black. This will be similiar to the old QXT coil stickers.

I wish you the greatest success, and God speed in your production line of the new QGT Pro.

Sincerely,

J in FL (formerly VA)

Are you using the same wishful thinking crystal ball I use???

Here's what I would like to see in a new version of the QXT- Of course at least the same depth due to the penetrating power of the low frequency, but with enhanced depth due to more modern low noise amplification to amp the signal and push it even further. Also, some larger DD coils to push depths in bad ground without the ground minerals swamping a larger coil like tends to happen with a concentric. I'd like to see a 12" coil, but preferably a SEF style 12x10 or such. That would be real nice.

Far as the screen, I see the MXT/M6 use the same display head the QXT did, so no need to change the hardware, just give a numerical target ID to split hairs on stuff more. That was the one thing, besides larger DD coils, that I wanted on the QXT to make it a perfect 10 in my book. Using the same shaft/hardware/box should help keep cost down. Just re-vamp the electronics a bit to amp more depth out of it, and also change the software a bit for the numerical target ID.

I don't want to see the settings stripped, as the QXT was never loaded down with too much software settings anyway, so even for it's day and age it was a lightning fast computerized detector. Almost unheard of back then due to software lag on other machines, and even to this day that problem exists for some computerized detectors due to too many layers of software/processing.

For sure don't strip out the assignable high/low tones to any conductivity zone, as that was one of it's most powerful deadly features. Also, don't get rid of being able to turn noise cancel OFF, as that pushed the depth a bit more and was one of the reasons it punched a bit deeper than most. Really the software to me should sit as is, other than the numerical target ID, with perhaps more tones it could provide and also assign to any number zone.

Make the tones assignable to specific number ranges (any tone you want), and also provide a digital notch you can set to specific number ranges, and give say three customized notches so each one could be set for specific number ranges when needed to eliminate something really pesky at a site. Really I never used any form of discrimination thanks to the assignable high/low tones.

I never saw a need for mixed mode or all metal, because disc was at least as deep or deeper in my tests. If they want to still provide ground tracking fine, but please don't ditch setting it and turning off tracking, as setting it and turning off the ground tracking provides a bit more depth.

Don't get rid of the flowing sizing display. Unique among machines, didn't require special coils, and not the same thing as the shaping bars on the XLT. It was a potent feature of the QXT to get an idea on target size and shape by sweeping from several angles. I always thought of that flowing sizing display as much more useful than the static sizing slots used on another brand, not to mention not having to use special coils for it on the QXT.

I think most people back in the day considered the QXT a stripped down XLT. Nothing further from the truth. Totally different machines all together. I heard a rumor a long time ago and don't know if it's true or not, but I was told that some Fisher guys migrated to Whites and had a hand in the QXT. If that is true, makes sense to me, because I always thought of the QXT as having the depth of a Fisher, yet with the detailed audio and outstanding discrimination of a Whites. Best of both worlds IMO.

This would be my dream machine Whites. I still await them to bring back an updated modern tech low freq machine with punching power in minerals and to hit hard at depth on silver/copper coins. I also want it to be using DD coils, because that only helps in minerals and also improves left/right separation, not to mention larg-ish DD coils tend to retain sensitivity to smaller targets as they get bigger compared to a concentric.

One of these days, if this never happens, I'm going to bring a QXT Pro back into my line up. I miss that machine as it's in my top 3 all time favorite detectors. They make great units, with the assignable high/low tones and fast recovery speed, for working heavy trash without the need to slow down on days I want to move faster. Also great for fastly scouting the woods looking for areas of activity, or to clean up a site quick to beat the competition, and then you can always come back with something deeper to clean up the site even more. When I do get around to getting another one back in my line up, I plan to try that new dongle out there (not the simple old coil plug pin switching deal) and see if it mates say a SEF 12x10 meant for a Fisher to the low freq. Whites well. If it does that old QXT might have some very new life breathed into it in terms of depth, separation, and ability to handle more mineralized sites. If anybody comes across any field reports on this new dongle for the low freq. Whites please shoot me a PM on it, as I can't find anything on how they do with mating other coils to the Whites. The only stuff I've heard of are the old style plugs to change the pins to mate to them, and never heard much in the way of good things about that. I'm hoping the dongle tunes the coil to the machine in such a way as to keep the performance of the coil that it had on another platform.

Ya can only dream about it ,it will never happen ! IMHO