Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Ring found with 4" coil

JoanInCreek

[size=medium]was brought to local jeweler today and the ring is not worth anything monetarily.
It is still a great find for my collection, even if it is CZ![/size]. Maybe next time it'll be the real thing!

Hey such is life. Just finding the ring is exciting. Next time it just might be the real thing. Now you know for sure that the detector will find rings. Keep at it and good luck on your next hunts.

I can usually tell CZ just by it's dull gleam and blue hues under a flash...I guessed right again...Still, it is a fine looking piece of jewelry...I would wear it proud...

HH,

BH-LandStar

Yep !

The absence of gold marks was already a bad clue. Never mind ! a find is a find, and next ring might be a big winner;

Thanx for the "follow-up" !!

HH

Nick the Belgian.

Hi Joan, if you invest in a good loupe, you can usually tell CZ from Diamond. Hold the ring under a strong light, then look through the stone from the bottom. If you can see through it it's usually CZ, a good Diamond you cannot see through in this manner. This is first hand from a jeweler friend! HH regards Nugget.:detecting: