Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The root of all evil ... detecting nightmare ...

Ground_Hog_MD

i must have spent 15 minutes in a 6 inch hole hunting down a bouncing PT signal.
for the life of me i could not locate where the signal was coming from. but it was there,
every time i stuck the pinpointer in the hole it would scream at me.
turns out a root had grown through and around a pop top.
i finally realized the signal was coming from inside the root ...

hatpin said:
I thought that photo was going to be a human bone.

haha so did i...... with a metal joint even. :rolleyes:

That would be frustrating, the tab being so ingrown like that. I dug a silver band once that had a root growing through it, not so imbedded like that tab so it was easy to find.

n/t

That thing looks like it was used in a Voodo ceremony! That's bad ju-ju if you ask me!!:rofl:

I bet it had you saying some badd words, I am going to ask you to pleas remove the tree. we as detectorists need to lobby the pop companies to make tabs without holes in them . who is with me ?

That pic had me concerned!!!
That story and pics should go in the "Findmall Hall Of Fame" for sure.........LOL

HH y'all.

Frank

Sum crazy ass shit popping up out the ground down here in the south.
St Augustine Florida - The Nations oldest city . i hunt the deep woods and river banks.
i get deep and dirty and love it. swingin in the rain mud to my knees head to toe in camo following the beep ...
theres a lot of history in the mud down here ... and im diggin it ...

That's a wild pic! I bet I know some of them words you were using.

I had the same problem with a loud silver signal. I dug out all around a large twisted maple tree root for 15 minutes ore more.
Finally was able to pop an 1830 Bust Dime from between the two halves of the root. Glad I kept at it. The signal was just
too good to give up.

Mark

Mark, Big congrats on rescuing the bust dime. A silver bust coin is on my wish list. Your avatar is a creepy looking thing, just might be the original root of all evil.

2 bullets in tree roots. here is a video of a lead bullet deep in a tree root. ( hopefully the video works first link attempt )
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=881008401912775&set=vb.853130594700556&type=2&theater