Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The story of the G2 at the beach

Giantprawn60

So I got married in the south west of France 2 months ago near the beach. One early morning, in order to relax before the big day, I went swinging on the beach. So I get there, overcast weather, a bit stormy looking but not windy. Put the headphones on , ground balance and start. After about 2 mins I feel that someone is behind me. There is a man with a smile on his face trying to talk to me. Take off the headphones. " Any luck sir?" "Hum I literally only started!" "Oh I see, could I ask for a favour? The kids were on the beach by themselves 2 days ago and we had left the apartment keys with them. They were fooling around and lost them. I have spent the last 2 days with a rake trying to find them. You see the apartment is a rental and it will cost us some premium if we don't find them. We have an extra set of keys but we would like to return the lost set as well" " Oh sure, where was it?" And here we are headed in the direction of the lost keys. I ask him if he has the extra set with him to check VDI/Numbers. 69-72. Ok thanks. We arrive at the spot, he shows me where the towel was. In my mind I created a 3 metres radius around it and start swinging. " huh sir this is where the towel was, you are too far" he says. "yes yes but you never know". Literally 12 secs in the search: Bleep! VDI 70-71....Bleep still 70-72." sir how about we try to dig here". And here we are both digging with our hands into the cold early summer's sand. 2 inches, 3 inches. Then, a piece of aluminium,from a chocolate bar.! This can't be it! The man looks so disappointed!! I swing again in the hole: 70-71. " Keep digging sir" I say. And there he is digging by himself. 6 inches, 7 inches, 8 inches. He stops. He is holding something in his hand but doesn't look at it. He looks at me instead: " I can't believe it!"he says. and slowly he opens his hand and here they are. the holy grail of his last 2 days: the sandy keys.
I swear this guy was about to cry of happiness. He kept saying he couldn't believe it and thanked me about 30 times! He asked me how much I wanted but I refused any compensation. He wanted to get me a beer at the beach shack but I told him that his face when he found them was the reward. It was like seeing a kid open a present at Christmas.
I gave him a tap on the back and wished him a good day. I went back swinging and found only a couple Euros in small change. But I don't care, this is why I enjoy this hobby: it brings joy.

n/t

Congrats

Man they must charge an arm or a leg,litterally for lost keys,and congrats on making a mans day,,thats the best reward of all,it makes my week when i can help someone,,,,,s.t