Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The strange relic that i found, I heated it and bent it straight:

Kevin B.

I don't make a habit out of cluttering up the forum with several post about the same topic, but please allow me some latitude on this one. I heated it and bent it straight. It appears to be copper....maybe brass. It might shed more light since I took some better pics. I studied this piece CLOSELY for ANY signs of attachment marks. I could find NO hinges or anyplace where a hinge was. I could find NO spots where it was tacked to another piece. No clue whatsoever that it was attached to something else. It appears to be wearing a headress. Their is long straight hair combing from the crown of the head, possibly indicating that it was a mature person. At first I thought that it was a baby face. Those are just my conjectures. Does anyone have ANY ideas now that I have straightened it??
100_0059_zps64072d14.jpg

100_0060_zps5d30d573.jpg