Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The struggle is real....

BarberDan

I took the Deus out today for about an hour, until I switched back to my E-Trac.(1.5 hrs with the E-Trac = 1.08 in clad, 2 wheaties and a Walker) I'm struggling to find anything with this that isn't junk. I've been running it in Basic 1 @ 12khz...tried full tones (but more comfortable in 3). I've found exactly one coin with it in about 2 hrs...lol. I'm trying to be patient with it, because I had one a year or two ago and sold it after a week. I know it is an excellent machine...I just need to learn it. I would be much obliged to any of you coin guys (from the U.S.) who could give me a run down of the programs you are using. I need some serious help. Yes...I do have Andy's book, but I'm still struggling....lol.

Alright, first I like 3 tones. Set your tone breaks at 30 and 74. Highest tone 74 and higher VDI. Run 12 khz, sens at least 90, reactivity of 2 or 1, (key setting -1 silencer), use any GB method you want, if real trashy/loads of iron try manual, or pumping over clean ground. Also if super trashy or high volume nails reactivity 3 silencer -1 will do. Listen for the high tone if looking for silver/copper. TID- TID may show low 80's to around 90 on coins. Exception: good high tone and you see 94 or higher, even 98, that's how a deep coin will look VDI wise. And expect to see a sliver of horsehsoe showing. Disc- you should be able to run your disc between 5.6 and 6.4 depending on the size of the nails/iron bits in your sites. Iron volume-on or off will work, but when you operate with it on in your site, your Deus will expose the areas that are more laden with nails/iron bits. (these areas of site are great to sweep/resweep with Deus reactivity levels 3 or 4 to see of something pops out. Also in the worst of iron/nails/iron bits 18 khz is the best separator. The -1 silencer setting is the deepest setting on the silencer.

It took me about a month to learn the machine now it finds what I bought it to find

I have had a Deus for a fair amount of time and also got a fair amount of hours on the clock as well,but i still drift back to my T2 and DFX,the Deus is my backup machine,it wont ever be my main machine that i shoot from the hip as its just not for me but wont part with it non the less.

Some detectors you just cannot 'Gel' with and the Deus is that one for me,but not as bad as the new Troy X5 i bought 10 years back that was the worst ever.

Give me my old faithfull T2 and i am happy,has found me more gold and roman coins that all my other put together.

when i first went to the Deus from the CTX3030 it did take a while. there were a few times when i wanted to throw the Deus up a tree. All i can say is to keep at it. if you can find a site that isn't too junk filled that would be a good place to use it. Trying in a junky place is hard to use at first. I now use the Deus 90% of the time i love it. be patient and keep at it. your program is fine at first. GL & HH

I hate to say it and don't take it the wrong way but the problem is you. You brought along the E-track as back up meaning you had the mind set of negativity towards the Deus from the start. It takes time, just like it took time to learn the E-track. Your using the E-track as a crutch. Maybe you should use the Deus in your yard or some where your not pressured to be digging good targets, then when you get the feel for it take it along on a hunt and leave the E-track at home so you don't have the option of just giving up and going back to something you know.

Thanks for the replies. Shoover, no offense taken. I think in a way that you are correct. However, I don't feel pressure to dig good targets, I just enjoy it more than digging bits of aluminum and rusty nails...lol. I'm going to try and use it in my coin garden a bit more before I venture back out. The area I had been detecting is a fairly clean area as ground goes, but I swear all I could find is the junk...lol. That being said, it's difficult for me to have confidence in the way I have the machine set up. The signals are so similar, whereas on the E-Trac it is very easy to note differences in the tone.

I have had the Deus for a couple of months now and so far so good. Have found tons of clad. I primarily coin shoot and beach detect. The dry an wet programs work very well in Florida sand. I have the benefit of starting out in the 70's with a coinshooter from Whites than a mxt than a Souvereign an Explorer. I really appreciate the lightness an wireless attributes. I have found that making sure I ground balance everytime I go to a new area seems to help on depth.

The Deus won't perform like the etrac or the CTX Dan and you just have to accept that. If you have developed good synergy with the Minelabs the Deus is very tough to use the same way so don't try to . Go somewhere that is relatively free of aluminum trash yet may have some jewelry and clad and give it a go there. A new or modern park or school in an upscale neighborhood is usually frequented by people who are more conscious of their trash tossing than they are about their money and possessions and make good sniping for the Deus. Your etrac will probably remain your go to rig for some time as it's more informative and revealing in bad trash , unless it's ferrous trash whether new or old , which is where the Deus can be really helpful but you will still dig a lot of trash. Trust the Deus' notch system as it's very good and use it to make the determination as to whether to dig or not instead of the tones which leave a lot to be desired in the ability to differentiate trash from good as compared to what you are accustomed to.

The Deus has some cool aspects which hopefully XP can expand on in the coming months