Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

the superman ring

dabbie1

I went to a old elementary school I had hunted with my other detector,at least 14 times,I only got clad and a lot of quarters.I just purchased a technetics omega 8000 with ten inch coil,this was my first outing with it. I had the discrim at 30 and sense at 50.In center field of the ball diamond, the machine overloaded and screamed. I dug down 16 inches and out popped a old superman ring from late thirties or early 40s.It is bronze and nickle plated and not corroded. I will have to get it looked at by an antique dealer cause the ones on the internet are tin for old and carbide or tungsten for modern This ring is extremeley heavy It is about size 9.This new detector is amazing as I also got two wheat cents for the first time.When I have it looked at I will post a follow up. HH Wayne in Delaware